Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Installing a new video card

Installing a new video card

Mike

When installing a new video card, do you uninstall the old drivers and
software from the old card first before turning off the computer to add the
new one? I bought a 128mb AGP card and have a 64mb PCI card in there right
now (bought a Radeon to replace a GeForce) and realize they will have
different drivers, but wasn't sure what the best way to make sure the old
one is totally gone from the system. Do you just go into Control Panel and
Device Manager and delete the video card under Display Adapters or is there
more to it?

TIA,
Mike

Steve

Yes you are correct. delete the old drivers in 'device manager' plus any
software that came with the old card in 'add remove' programs.
Shut down and swap the cards (unplug PSU first)
Reboot with new card, cancel windows add new hardware wizard, run the driver
setup from the CD-ROM.

news:XzcHd.186$(E-Mail Removed)...