Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > internet sharing problems - Linksys router

internet sharing problems - Linksys router

Ladydeb

Hi there
I have been trying for 2 months to get a shared internet connection going,
using a Linksys cable DSL Router. I have a blueyonder broadband connection.
Trouble is when both pc's are hooked up to the router, neither will go
on-line. Both pc's recognise each other and recognise the router, but will
not connect to the internet.
Anyone have any ideas as to why?
I realise that this post is a bit technically vague, but I don't know a
great deal regarding computing and you intelligent folk out there seem to
know oodles.
Many thanks
In much anticipation
Debbie

Yddap

In newsfaHd.40$(E-Mail Removed),
Ladydeb <(E-Mail Removed)> opined very noisily:
> Hi there
> I have been trying for 2 months to get a shared internet connection
> going, using a Linksys cable DSL Router. I have a blueyonder
> broadband connection. Trouble is when both pc's are hooked up to the
> router, neither will go on-line. Both pc's recognise each other and
> recognise the router, but will not connect to the internet.
> Anyone have any ideas as to why?
> I realise that this post is a bit technically vague, but I don't know
> a great deal regarding computing and you intelligent folk out there
> seem to know oodles.
> Many thanks
> In much anticipation
> Debbie

Try a post in " blueyonder.self-help.networking" you will find people with
the same or similar
set up to yours
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

SIXTHPISTOL

I am a bit worried about interacting with anything blueyonderish, as I have
been informed that if they know you are connection sharing they may try to
charge you extra for your connection. I have no idea if this is true, but
thought it sensible to avoid blueyonder if possible. If its not true then,
yeah, thanks a lot, I will give it a go.
|Many thanks Yddap.
Debbie
"Yddap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ICaHd.13011$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> In newsfaHd.40$(E-Mail Removed),
> Ladydeb <(E-Mail Removed)> opined very noisily:
>> Hi there
>> I have been trying for 2 months to get a shared internet connection
>> going, using a Linksys cable DSL Router. I have a blueyonder
>> broadband connection. Trouble is when both pc's are hooked up to the
>> router, neither will go on-line. Both pc's recognise each other and
>> recognise the router, but will not connect to the internet.
>> Anyone have any ideas as to why?
>> I realise that this post is a bit technically vague, but I don't know
>> a great deal regarding computing and you intelligent folk out there
>> seem to know oodles.
>> Many thanks
>> In much anticipation
>> Debbie

> Try a post in " blueyonder.self-help.networking" you will find people with
> the same or similar
> set up to yours
> --
>
> Yddap
> Remove guts to reply

Yddap

In newsGaHd.91$(E-Mail Removed),
SIXTHPISTOL <(E-Mail Removed)> opined very noisily:
> I am a bit worried about interacting with anything blueyonderish, as
> I have been informed that if they know you are connection sharing
> they may try to charge you extra for your connection. I have no idea
> if this is true, but thought it sensible to avoid blueyonder if
> possible. If its not true then, yeah, thanks a lot, I will give it a
> go.
>> Many thanks Yddap.

Blueyonder do not mind you using a Router they just do not support the use
of it
that is why the NG I pointed you to was a " users self help " one

--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Duane Arnold

"Ladydeb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsfaHd.40$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi there
> I have been trying for 2 months to get a shared internet connection
> going, using a Linksys cable DSL Router. I have a blueyonder broadband
> connection. Trouble is when both pc's are hooked up to the router,
> neither will go on-line. Both pc's recognise each other and recognise
> the router, but will not connect to the internet.
> Anyone have any ideas as to why?
> I realise that this post is a bit technically vague, but I don't know
> a great deal regarding computing and you intelligent folk out there
> seem to know oodles.
> Many thanks
> In much anticipation
> Debbie

What IP(s) are the machines getting from the router? The machines can be
timing out and defaulting to an IP that will allow access on the LAN
between the machines, but since the machines didn't get an IP from the
router, they are not going to be able to access the Internet. So, what IP
(s) do the machines have when you go to the Command Prompt and enter
IPconfig /all?

Duane