Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Office Keeps Trying To Install Itself On My Computer (Windows XP)

Office Keeps Trying To Install Itself On My Computer (Windows XP)

Ninth Commandment

Windows XP keeps sending a pop up saying it needs to be installed on
my computer. When I cancel it I get another pop up that says Microsoft
Explorer failed to redirect. I cancel it then Explorer does what I
want.

Any advice to get rid of these things.

Jimbob

Ninth Commandment wrote:
> Windows XP keeps sending a pop up saying it needs to be installed on
> my computer. When I cancel it I get another pop up that says Microsoft
> Explorer failed to redirect. I cancel it then Explorer does what I
> want.
>
> Any advice to get rid of these things.

Install it.

Dennis Turner

Ninth Commandment wrote:
> Windows XP keeps sending a pop up saying it needs to be installed on
> my computer. When I cancel it I get another pop up that says Microsoft
> Explorer failed to redirect. I cancel it then Explorer does what I
> want.
>
> Any advice to get rid of these things.

Do you have one of those 60 day trial versions of Office that came
preinstalled? If so dumping it may solve the problem.

--
I sent ten puns to all my friends hoping that at least one
would make them laugh.