Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP hanging on start up

XP hanging on start up

John

Can anyone please help. My PC has suddenly started hanging during start up.
It gets past post, past the black windows screen, but when it gets to the
blue XP screen, it hangs. Tried booting to safe mode, but still hangs. Last
device I installed was a bluetooth adapter. I cant get on my system to make
any changes. Running XP Pro, on a AMD K6 machine. Thanks for any help.

Keith

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:37:35 GMT, "John" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Tried booting to safe mode, but still hangs. Last
>device I installed was a bluetooth adapter. I cant get on my system to make
>any changes. Running XP Pro, on a AMD K6 machine. Thanks for any help.

Take out the blue tooth adapter and see if XP will boot from there. If
not you could have a hardware problem. You will need to obtain a
hardware tester, especially memory.
Have you also tried to boot up your computer with a WinXP Floppy boot
disk?

--
Best Regards, Keith
http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

FF 1.5 hanging Steve IA Firefox 2 12-21-2005 05:00 PM
Slow Hanging Network Windows XP =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHk=?= Wireless Networking 7 06-24-2005 01:44 AM
Pages 'hanging' problem... Martin D. Pay Firefox 4 02-25-2004 09:06 AM
IPC::Run and hanging pipes Brian Hann Perl 1 12-11-2003 08:41 PM
Hanging when first start ASP.NET web Nat ASP .Net 0 12-02-2003 03:29 AM

Advertisments