Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I disable an ActiveX warning?

How do I disable an ActiveX warning?

Dreamspinner3

At work I routinely use a file located on my PC that is accessed through
Internet Explorer 6 on a PC running Windows XP SP 1. Today they did some
work on my PC & now when I access this file I get a message saying:

An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts
of the page. Do you ant to allow this interaction?

This didn't happen before & I need to know how to disable this message from
popping up all the time. I have to click through it twice before it will
show me the page I need to use & I need it all day along.

Thanks.

x@y

"Dreamspinner3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> At work I routinely use a file located on my PC that is accessed through
> Internet Explorer 6 on a PC running Windows XP SP 1. Today they did some
> work on my PC & now when I access this file I get a message saying:
>

> An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts
> of the page. Do you ant to allow this interaction?
>

> This didn't happen before & I need to know how to disable this message from
> popping up all the time. I have to click through it twice before it will
> show me the page I need to use & I need it all day along.
>
> Thanks.

Some info. on this MS. Website.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=240797

Dreamspinner3

I don't want to disable the ActiveX control itself, only the stupid warning
box. And this is a corporate machine, so I can't mess around in the
registry.
"x@y >" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dreamspinner3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > At work I routinely use a file located on my PC that is accessed through
> > Internet Explorer 6 on a PC running Windows XP SP 1. Today they did some
> > work on my PC & now when I access this file I get a message saying:
> >

> > An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other

parts
> > of the page. Do you ant to allow this interaction?
> >

> > This didn't happen before & I need to know how to disable this message

from
> > popping up all the time. I have to click through it twice before it

will
> > show me the page I need to use & I need it all day along.
> >
> > Thanks.

> Some info. on this MS. Website.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=240797

x@y

"Dreamspinner3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>I don't want to disable the ActiveX control itself, only the stupid warning
> box. And this is a corporate machine, so I can't mess around in the
> registry.

Hello Dreamspinner3",

Sorry if the Link did not help, I Found a few more Option You can choose.

http://tinyurl.com/5rhjl

> "x@y >" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Dreamspinner3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > At work I routinely use a file located on my PC that is accessed through
>> > Internet Explorer 6 on a PC running Windows XP SP 1. Today they did some
>> > work on my PC & now when I access this file I get a message saying:
>> >

>> > An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other

> parts
>> > of the page. Do you ant to allow this interaction?
>> >

>> > This didn't happen before & I need to know how to disable this message

> from
>> > popping up all the time. I have to click through it twice before it

> will
>> > show me the page I need to use & I need it all day along.
>> >
>> > Thanks.

>> Some info. on this MS. Website.
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=240797

Robbie

"Dreamspinner3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> At work I routinely use a file located on my PC that is accessed through
> Internet Explorer 6 on a PC running Windows XP SP 1. Today they did some
> work on my PC & now when I access this file I get a message saying:
>

> An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts
> of the page. Do you ant to allow this interaction?
>

> This didn't happen before & I need to know how to disable this message from
> popping up all the time. I have to click through it twice before it will
> show me the page I need to use & I need it all day along.
>
> Thanks.

Dreamspinner3, They must have installed XP SP2 on your work machine...To de activate the
nag screen you need to go to Internet Options> Advanced>scroll down to security settings
and put a check mark inb "Allow active content in files to run on my computer"
Robbie