Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Don't ya hate...

Don't ya hate...

dwacon

Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about computers,
right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why mine won't
print..."

I wish I could call a mechanic and say, "Hey, why don't you stop by and swap
out my spark plugs..."

--
I made magic once. Now the sofa is gone.
http://www.dwacon.com

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:56:19 -0500, "dwacon" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|> Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about computers,
|> right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why mine won't
|> print..."
|>
|> I wish I could call a mechanic and say, "Hey, why don't you stop by and swap
|> out my spark plugs..."

Funny you should mention this, In the last three days I have help'd a
friend completely rewire an old VW, Think I'm getting a dinner out of it

bambam@nospam.tnx

wrote:

>Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about computers,
>right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why mine won't
>print..."

>I wish I could call a mechanic and say, "Hey, why don't you stop by and swap
>out my spark plugs..."

A friend has a sign of his pick up ...

YES, THIS IS MY TRUCK.

NO, I WON'T HELP YOU MOVE.

Ken.

Aussie Bomber

wrote:

>Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about computers,
>right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why mine won't
>print..."
> ..... snip .....

I hate it more when they try to get an analysis of their problem over
the phone!

--
The Aussie Bomber
Carn The Dons!!

jils

amazing. i'd sooner get my dinner out of a restaurant, or at least a
kitchen

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:56:19 -0500, "dwacon" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> |> Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about computers,
> |> right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why mine won't
> |> print..."
> |>
> |> I wish I could call a mechanic and say, "Hey, why don't you stop by and swap
> |> out my spark plugs..."
>

> Funny you should mention this, In the last three days I have help'd a
> friend completely rewire an old VW, Think I'm getting a dinner out of it

jils

i hate it more when you try to help and fail, and they blame you for
losing all their data. they don't ask again though!!

Aussie Bomber wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:56:19 -0500, "dwacon" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about computers,
>>right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why mine won't
>>print..."
>>..... snip .....

> I hate it more when they try to get an analysis of their problem over
> the phone!

Richard

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:56:19 -0500 dwacon wrote:

> Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about
> computers,
> right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why mine won't
> print..."

> I wish I could call a mechanic and say, "Hey, why don't you stop by and
> swap
> out my spark plugs..."

Sure thing dude. $50 an hour. One hour minimum.

Blinky the Shark

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/frustrations/388b/

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Upgrading From IE http://blinkynet.net/comp/upgrade.html
Mozilla Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

doS

dwacon wrote:
> Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about
> computers, right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why
> mine won't print..."
>
> I wish I could call a mechanic and say, "Hey, why don't you stop by
> and swap out my spark plugs..."

I thought if I started charging for rebuilds, adding software etc, my
friends would leave me alone. I now have money.

testing

testing
news:akhHd.2103$(E-Mail Removed)...