Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Best Online Spyware Scanner

Best Online Spyware Scanner

Bored Of The Rings

Can anyone point me to a decent online scanner?
Since being plagued by spyware and malware, Adaware now tells me I'm free of
most of it, but I,ve been to a few online scanners to double check, and one
or two tell me I,m still infected!
My Internet connection is very slow at times, and some sites are giving me
the 404!

Old Gringo

http://tinyurl.com/56gty

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Ron Martell

"Bored Of The Rings" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone point me to a decent online scanner?
>Since being plagued by spyware and malware, Adaware now tells me I'm free of
>most of it, but I,ve been to a few online scanners to double check, and one
>or two tell me I,m still infected!
>My Internet connection is very slow at times, and some sites are giving me
>the 404!

Try http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Pratik Jhaveri

Bored Of The Rings wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a decent online scanner?
> Since being plagued by spyware and malware, Adaware now tells me I'm free of
> most of it, but I,ve been to a few online scanners to double check, and one
> or two tell me I,m still infected!
> My Internet connection is very slow at times, and some sites are giving me
> the 404!

Try downloading the anti-spyware s/w from Microsoft and run it on your PC

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/s...displaylang=en

Cheers

Ron Martell

Pratik Jhaveri <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bored Of The Rings wrote:
>> Can anyone point me to a decent online scanner?
>> Since being plagued by spyware and malware, Adaware now tells me I'm free of
>> most of it, but I,ve been to a few online scanners to double check, and one
>> or two tell me I,m still infected!
>> My Internet connection is very slow at times, and some sites are giving me
>> the 404!
>>

>Try downloading the anti-spyware s/w from Microsoft and run it on your PC
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/s...displaylang=en
>
>Cheers

Remember that the Microsoft anti-spyware is a Beta product and Beta
means "too full of bugs to be released".

While it has worked well for many people, including myself, there are
reliable reports of some serious problems especially "false positives"
and also some major bloating of the report files in a couple of
instances.