Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Burning mp3 to DVD disc

Burning mp3 to DVD disc

rfdjr1@optonline.net

I just bought an mp3 player. It's the kiind that looks like a Discman
but plays mp3 files as well as CD's. Before I waste a blank DVD disc,
I wanted to ask if I can burn mp3 files to a blank DVD disc, in order
to get more songs on a single disc? Is the difference between CD's and
DVD's just in the encoding or are the blanks inherently different? I
know I can store data files on a DVD. I'm just wondering if this new
player will decode the mp3's if they're on a DVD disc. Thanks

Ionizer

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just bought an mp3 player. It's the kiind that looks like a Discman
> but plays mp3 files as well as CD's. Before I waste a blank DVD disc,
> I wanted to ask if I can burn mp3 files to a blank DVD disc, in order
> to get more songs on a single disc? Is the difference between CD's and
> DVD's just in the encoding or are the blanks inherently different? I
> know I can store data files on a DVD. I'm just wondering if this new
> player will decode the mp3's if they're on a DVD disc. Thanks

The blanks are inherently different. *If* your mp3 player, which you have
not named, recognizes DVD media (read the manual,) just set your burning
software to create a *data* disc, fill it with mp3 files, and you're good
to go.

Regards,
Ian.

Paul - xxx

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) composed the following;:
> I just bought an mp3 player. It's the kiind that looks like a Discman
> but plays mp3 files as well as CD's. Before I waste a blank DVD disc,
> I wanted to ask if I can burn mp3 files to a blank DVD disc, in order
> to get more songs on a single disc? Is the difference between CD's and
> DVD's just in the encoding or are the blanks inherently different? I
> know I can store data files on a DVD. I'm just wondering if this new
> player will decode the mp3's if they're on a DVD disc. Thanks

Generally no, an MP3 compatible CD player won't read data off DVD's,
they are a different thing altogether. Burn the MP3's as data to a CDR,
you'll be able to get upwards from 100 tracks onto it, depending upon
the sampling rate used to record the MP3's and their subsequent file
size ... .

--
Paul ...
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php

rfdjr1@optonline.net

Okay, thanks for the replies. I was just trying to get more bang for
my bucks. I just burned close to 200 tunes on one CD, so I should be
good for a while. Thanks again.