Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE Version problem

IE Version problem

matthew

I have a new RoadRunner setup which has hijacked my IE. Is there a way to
overwrite or disable the 'features' I'm forced to endure with this version?

Thanks.

G. Morgan

Subject: IE Version problem
Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
=> matthew <= wrote:

>I have a new RoadRunner setup which has hijacked my IE. Is there a way to
>overwrite or disable the 'features' I'm forced to endure with this version?

You were victimized by:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d.../z04ie6rk.mspx

"ISP branding includes Toolbar background image, Default Page URL, Window Title,
Search Bar, customized Search URL, customized Support URL in the Help menu,
customized menu option for Windows Update [Tools menu], Window Title for Outlook
Express (stored on a per-identity basis)

To clear IE and OE branding (for all identities or a selected identity), you may
use this utility ISPUnbrand.zip (~8k download)."

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/ispunbrand.htm

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

Richard

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 04:50:06 GMT matthew wrote:

> I have a new RoadRunner setup which has hijacked my IE. Is there a way
> overwrite or disable the 'features' I'm forced to endure with this
> version?

> Thanks.

Dump IE and get firefox.
Problem solved.