Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Scandisk is repeating, but not getting nowhere?

Reply
Thread Tools

Scandisk is repeating, but not getting nowhere?

 
 
Morph
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2005
On an improper shutdown, my scandisk used to run, and complete the quick
scan.(non-thorough)..Can any one explain how come, now, it just keeps
restarting, after checking file allocation tables for 1 visual block ?
It repeats 10 times and then gives me an error report saying 'basically
,this is a waste of time ' .. I cudn't remember the proper error ..
Any help, is it because i have other apps running - avg - firewall - online
??

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
SA
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2005
Did you try a system restore to remedy the problem? Or try googling the
problem. good luck.
"Morph" <morph@nospam> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On an improper shutdown, my scandisk used to run, and complete the quick
> scan.(non-thorough)..Can any one explain how come, now, it just keeps
> restarting, after checking file allocation tables for 1 visual block ?
> It repeats 10 times and then gives me an error report saying 'basically
> ,this is a waste of time ' .. I cudn't remember the proper error ..
> Any help, is it because i have other apps running - avg - firewall -
> online
> ??
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Hackworth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2005

"Morph" <morph@nospam> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On an improper shutdown, my scandisk used to run, and complete the quick
> scan.(non-thorough)..Can any one explain how come, now, it just keeps
> restarting, after checking file allocation tables for 1 visual block ?
> It repeats 10 times and then gives me an error report saying 'basically
> ,this is a waste of time ' .. I cudn't remember the proper error ..
> Any help, is it because i have other apps running - avg - firewall -
> online



Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly pressing F8 during bootup. Let Scandisk
run in Safe Mode--it shold complete very quickly--then reboot normally.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry OGrady
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2005
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:35:55 -0000, "Morph" <morph@nospam> wrote:

>On an improper shutdown, my scandisk used to run, and complete the quick
>scan.(non-thorough)..Can any one explain how come, now, it just keeps
>restarting, after checking file allocation tables for 1 visual block ?
> It repeats 10 times and then gives me an error report saying 'basically
>,this is a waste of time ' .. I cudn't remember the proper error ..
>Any help, is it because i have other apps running - avg - firewall - online
>??


You say its not getting nowhere, so where is it getting?


-Barry
========
"I see only with deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for
their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held responsible;
in my opinion, only His nonexistence could excuse Him."
[A. Einstein (Letter to Edgar Meyer, Jan. 2, 1915)]

Web page: http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Morph
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2005
Actually, I DID say.... , it's getting as far as showing 1 coloured
block, during 'file allocation reading' and instead of carrying on, and
finishing the scan, it starts again, ... It used to run a full scandisk
scan, on 'improper shutdoen' but now, it only does this 1 very partial scan,
and then repeats.??
Ant advice ?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scandisk and Defrag not workin' ...? Morph Computer Support 2 02-12-2005 10:44 PM
Win 98SE - Scandisk not running Dave Smith Computer Support 7 10-23-2003 08:21 PM
Scandisk not automatically running after bad shutdown. Wal Computer Support 7 09-22-2003 10:43 PM
scandisk not running miss calm Computer Support 8 07-15-2003 03:59 PM



Advertisments