Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wireless

Wireless

Burke McNulty

I am helping a friend setup a wireless for her PC and laptop both running
XP. using Linksys wireless. Set it up and all worked fine but had problem
using Outlook Express. After I left she contacted Sympatico and now the
nightmare starts. end result after 2 days she is back online with the
router disconnected because sympatico told her DSL Basic will not work
wireless. I say crap as I am almost positive it will work . Am I wrong?
Burke

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Burke McNulty wrote:

> I am helping a friend setup a wireless for her PC and laptop both running
> XP. using Linksys wireless. Set it up and all worked fine but had problem
> using Outlook Express. After I left she contacted Sympatico and now the
> nightmare starts. end result after 2 days she is back online with the
> router disconnected because sympatico told her DSL Basic will not work
> wireless. I say crap as I am almost positive it will work . Am I wrong?
> Burke

No.

cool ghoul

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Burke McNulty wrote:
>
> > I am helping a friend setup a wireless for her PC and laptop both

running
> > XP. using Linksys wireless. Set it up and all worked fine but had

problem
> > using Outlook Express. After I left she contacted Sympatico and now the
> > nightmare starts. end result after 2 days she is back online with the
> > router disconnected because sympatico told her DSL Basic will not work
> > wireless. I say crap as I am almost positive it will work . Am I wrong?
> > Burke

> No.

DSL will work wireless! What a bunch of CRAP!!! CG

Toolman Tim

"cool ghoul" <cool(remove)(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RThGd.5589$(E-Mail Removed)...

| "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Burke McNulty wrote:
| >
| > > I am helping a friend setup a wireless for her PC and laptop both
| running
| > > XP. using Linksys wireless. Set it up and all worked fine but had
| problem
| > > using Outlook Express. After I left she contacted Sympatico and now
the
| > > nightmare starts. end result after 2 days she is back online with the
| > > router disconnected because sympatico told her DSL Basic will not work
| > > wireless. I say crap as I am almost positive it will work . Am I
wrong?
| > > Burke
| >
| > No.
|
| DSL will work wireless! What a bunch of CRAP!!! CG

Lazy tech at Sympatico..."I don't understand the problem, so I'll just say
it can't work and I can go back to my coffee and computer games..."

Yes, DSL or cable Internet (any broadband providing an ethernet connection)
will do wireless. 'Cuz the modem has nothing whatsoever to do with it.