Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Nag box removal

Nag box removal

graham

Anyone know how to stop the auto complete nag box from popping up every 30
mins or so ( apart from clicking yes ) as I don't want to use it.

Windows XP home edition
HP pavilion
pentium 4 2.4 ghz

Damian

graham wrote:
> Anyone know how to stop the auto complete nag box from popping up
> every 30 mins or so ( apart from clicking yes ) as I don't want to
> use it.

Turn it off in Internet Options.

graham

There is no option to turn off the nag box, only to turn autocomplete on or
off,Its always been off but I'm constantly asked do I want to use
autocomplete.

"Damian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:126ob2-03u.nsi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> graham wrote:
>> Anyone know how to stop the auto complete nag box from popping up
>> every 30 mins or so ( apart from clicking yes ) as I don't want to
>> use it.

> Turn it off in Internet Options.

SwissTony

"graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:csbo68$6hl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know how to stop the auto complete nag box from popping up every 30
> mins or so ( apart from clicking yes ) as I don't want to use it.
>
> Windows XP home edition
> HP pavilion
> pentium 4 2.4 ghz

http://www.andyrathbone.com/tips/autocomplete.html

graham

Thanx but that still only tells me how to turn off autocomplete and I want
to turn off the annoying nagbox the pops up asking me do I want to use
autocomplete.

"SwissTony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:csbo68$6hl$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone know how to stop the auto complete nag box from popping up every
>> 30
>> mins or so ( apart from clicking yes ) as I don't want to use it.
>>
>> Windows XP home edition
>> HP pavilion
>> pentium 4 2.4 ghz
>>

> http://www.andyrathbone.com/tips/autocomplete.html

nogeekatall

"graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:csdltu$nmm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanx but that still only tells me how to turn off autocomplete and I want
> to turn off the annoying nagbox the pops up asking me do I want to use
> autocomplete.

start, run type in regedit, press ok. navigate to the following key:
hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\windows\curre ntversion\explore\autocomplete

here you should see name:autosuggest, type:reg_sz, data:yes. set the data
value to no

next, while still in regedit, navigate to
hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\internet
explorer\advancedoptions\browse\autoappend

set the "checked value" data field to no.

there are also some values for outlook express and media player that use
autocomplete in the registry. if you want to change all of the values to 0
(turns them off) in regedit, click on edit, find and type in autocomplete
then press find next. any data values that are 1, set to 0, any that are set
to yes, set to no. after the system finds the first value press the f3 key
to have it continue searching.

Why must Firefox nag me and treat me like an idiot? Janice P. Firefox 8 01-02-2007 07:27 PM
Getting rid of SP2 nag screen rfdjr1@optonline.net Computer Support 20 10-02-2004 08:42 PM
Nag problem in XP GraB NZ Computing 4 09-13-2004 03:39 AM
Autocomplete nag graham Computer Support 1 11-29-2003 05:04 PM
calling NAG from C Gunasekaran C Programming 4 09-08-2003 12:22 AM

Advertisments