Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Convert a Pal DVD change to a NTSC DVD

Convert a Pal DVD change to a NTSC DVD

Bun Mui

I have a DVD burner.

Are there any software which will help me change my DVD in
Pal format to NTSC DVD so I can play on my citizen dvd player?

I have a DVD which will play in my computer using DVD writer
in Pal format but won't play in my DVD player which only
plays NTSC DVDs.

Thanks.

Bun Mui

Joel Rubin

On 15 Jan 2005 08:15:58 -0800, "Bun Mui" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a DVD burner.
>

>Are there any software which will help me change my DVD in
>Pal format to NTSC DVD so I can play on my citizen dvd player?
>

>I have a DVD which will play in my computer using DVD writer
>in Pal format but won't play in my DVD player which only
>plays NTSC DVDs.

Is there a PAL / NTSC issue on DVD's? I thought they are all digital
and the issue is that they have different regions encoded and some DVD
players only play DVD's for a certain geographical region.

For example, I believe that if you were to buy a DVD in Buenos Aires,
where they use PAL, and take it to Chicago, where they use NTSC, it
would work fine since both Argentina and the U.S. are in REGION ONE.

But the Argentinian DVD wouldn't work in England or Germany where they
also use PAL because Europe is REGION 2.

Similarly, a DVD from France, where they use SECAM, would work fine in
European PAL countries, but not in a SECAM country in another region.

On the other hand, there are color TV standard issues on VHS tapes and
all around ethnic neighborhoods in the U.S. you see shops where, among
other things, they convert a PAL tape from the old country to the NTSC
standard used in the U.S.

doS

Why did you bother to answer?

"Joel Rubin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 15 Jan 2005 08:15:58 -0800, "Bun Mui" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I have a DVD burner.
> >

> >Are there any software which will help me change my DVD in
> >Pal format to NTSC DVD so I can play on my citizen dvd player?
> >

> >I have a DVD which will play in my computer using DVD writer
> >in Pal format but won't play in my DVD player which only
> >plays NTSC DVDs.
> >

> Is there a PAL / NTSC issue on DVD's? I thought they are all digital
> and the issue is that they have different regions encoded and some DVD
> players only play DVD's for a certain geographical region.
>
> For example, I believe that if you were to buy a DVD in Buenos Aires,
> where they use PAL, and take it to Chicago, where they use NTSC, it
> would work fine since both Argentina and the U.S. are in REGION ONE.
>
> But the Argentinian DVD wouldn't work in England or Germany where they
> also use PAL because Europe is REGION 2.
>
> Similarly, a DVD from France, where they use SECAM, would work fine in
> European PAL countries, but not in a SECAM country in another region.
>
> On the other hand, there are color TV standard issues on VHS tapes and
> all around ethnic neighborhoods in the U.S. you see shops where, among
> other things, they convert a PAL tape from the old country to the NTSC
> standard used in the U.S.

Pon

On 15 Jan 2005 08:15:58 -0800, "Bun Mui" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a DVD burner.
>

>Are there any software which will help me change my DVD in
>Pal format to NTSC DVD so I can play on my citizen dvd player?
>

>I have a DVD which will play in my computer using DVD writer
>in Pal format but won't play in my DVD player which only
>plays NTSC DVDs.
>

>Thanks.
>

>Bun Mui

Nero's Nerovision will do this.

HOWTO: Convert PAL AVI to NTSC MPEG/DVD? Gowan McGland DVD Video 25 06-24-2009 11:03 AM
Convert ntsc dvd to pal - how Martin @nohere.net Computer Support 3 05-26-2007 05:16 PM
Convert Pal DVD to NTSC DVD Roger L. Main DVD Video 6 08-06-2004 07:40 PM
NTSC-PAL-NTSC question You DVD Video 4 12-17-2003 08:40 PM
A dvd player model which will convert pal to ntsc ? Mike DVD Video 13 09-05-2003 04:26 PM

Advertisments