Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > block senders list

block senders list

Barb

Whenever I try to add someone to block senders list my computer runs very
slow. It usually performs this task quickly...any suggestions?
I do perform routine maintenance on my computer...this is the only area that
is performing slow.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Barb

Parko

Barb wrote:
> Whenever I try to add someone to block senders list my computer runs very
> slow. It usually performs this task quickly...any suggestions?
> I do perform routine maintenance on my computer...this is the only area that
> is performing slow.
> Any info would be greatly appreciated.
> Barb

The best blocked sender list occurs betweeen your ears. That includes
Bayesian filtering and all the other tricks. Learn how to recognise a
nym shifting troll, and away you go. Most of them are pretty
stupid, no matter how smart they think they are

--
Parko
I've beem kill filed regularly by one certain individual ....consistently.

Parko

Parko wrote:
> Barb wrote:
>> Whenever I try to add someone to block senders list my computer runs
>> very slow. It usually performs this task quickly...any suggestions?
>> I do perform routine maintenance on my computer...this is the only
>> area that is performing slow.
>> Any info would be greatly appreciated.
>> Barb
>>

> The best blocked sender list occurs betweeen your ears. That includes
> Bayesian filtering and all the other tricks. Learn how to recognise a
> nym shifting troll, and away you go. Most of them are pretty
> stupid, no matter how smart they think they are

****. Did I write that? I must be a dumb ****.

Old Gringo

Barb wrote:
> Whenever I try to add someone to block senders list my computer runs very
> slow. It usually performs this task quickly...any suggestions?
> I do perform routine maintenance on my computer...this is the only area that
> is performing slow.
> Any info would be greatly appreciated.
> Barb

Delete the content of the folder and start over again as nothing you
do will really solve the problem.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

nogeekatall

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6wWFd.1966$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Barb wrote:
>> Whenever I try to add someone to block senders list my computer runs very
>> slow. It usually performs this task quickly...any suggestions?
>> I do perform routine maintenance on my computer...this is the only area
>> that is performing slow.
>> Any info would be greatly appreciated.
>> Barb

> Delete the content of the folder and start over again as nothing you do
> will really solve the problem.
>
> --
> Old Gringo George
> Magic Weaver Of Life
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/>

try getting rid of any unwanted entries in the list first. Usally slow
propogation of this list is caused by a large list, hence, see if there are
any entries you no longer need.

Old Gringo

nogeekatall wrote:
Cool as hell, howd you do that?
--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

nogeekatall

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jdXFd.17687$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> nogeekatall wrote:
> Cool as hell, howd you do that?

do what?