Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dell 4600 Series Power supply

Dell 4600 Series Power supply

Paul S.

Can I put any 250W power supply in a Dell 4600 Series desktop? Or does dell
have specialized power supplies?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Paul S. wrote:

> Can I put any 250W power supply in a Dell 4600 Series desktop? Or does dell
> have specialized power supplies?

I don't know if it will physically fit in the case, but any decent power
supply should work fine. Make sure the connectors are the correct
combination, but that usually isn't a problem. Get a good power supply,
the cheap ones are cheap for a reason and you'll have a less stable
computer with them.