Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I check memory ussage Win XP Home?

How do I check memory ussage Win XP Home?

Sseadoubleyou

I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?

Thanks.

Noel Paton

"Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
>open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?
>
> Thanks.

Why do you think you need to know?? - XP manages memory pretty well - and
any program that causes problems is likely to be causing severe problems
elsewhere!

You may have a virus/spyware hijack

download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
viruses are not present on your PC
http://download.nai.com/products/mca...rt/stinger.exe

- update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.

Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
CoolWebSearch hijacker.

Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
http://www.merijn.org/files/CWShredder.exe
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads...CWShredder.exe
http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip

download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
your system.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

Sseadoubleyou

LOL, I just want to know how much memory a certain program is using, thats
all.

"Noel Paton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
>>open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Why do you think you need to know?? - XP manages memory pretty well - and
> any program that causes problems is likely to be causing severe problems
> elsewhere!
>
> You may have a virus/spyware hijack
>
> download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
> viruses are not present on your PC
> http://download.nai.com/products/mca...rt/stinger.exe
>
> - update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.
>
> Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
> CoolWebSearch hijacker.
> http://www.merijn.org/cwschronicles.html
>
> Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
> http://www.merijn.org/files/cwshredder.zip
> http://www.merijn.org/files/CWShredder.exe
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads...CWShredder.exe
> http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip
>
> download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
> update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
> your system.
>

> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

Gort

Sseadoubleyou wrote:
> LOL, I just want to know how much memory a certain program is using, thats
> all.

Hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete at the same time. That brings up the Task Manager.
Click the Processes tab, and scroll.

HTH

> "Noel Paton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>"Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
>>>open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>

>>Why do you think you need to know?? - XP manages memory pretty well - and
>>any program that causes problems is likely to be causing severe problems
>>elsewhere!
>>
>>You may have a virus/spyware hijack
>>
>>download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
>>viruses are not present on your PC
>>http://download.nai.com/products/mca...rt/stinger.exe
>>
>>- update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.
>>
>>Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
>>CoolWebSearch hijacker.
>>http://www.merijn.org/cwschronicles.html
>>
>>Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
>>http://www.merijn.org/files/cwshredder.zip
>>http://www.merijn.org/files/CWShredder.exe
>>http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads...CWShredder.exe
>>http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip
>>
>>download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
>>update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
>>your system.
>>

>>--
>>Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>
>>Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>>http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>
>>Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's

inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Secret Squiddle

"Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
>open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?
>
> Thanks.

Simple: Ctrl + Alt + Delete - windows tasks manager. Select the processes
tab.

**SS**

Secret Squiddle

"Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
>open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?
>
> Thanks.

Ctrl, Alt Delete - task manager - select processes tab.

**SS**

mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, Sseadoubleyou mused:

| I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
| open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?

Alternatively, you can right click on a blank area of the Task Bar, and
choose Task Manager from the list ... then Processes tab.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:45:31 -0500, "Sseadoubleyou"
<SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote:

|> I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
|> open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?

Process explorer
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr.../procexp.shtml
Double click on the process.