Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Screen Captures

Screen Captures

Governor Swill

Ok, doesn't Print Scrn copy the screen to the clipboard and alt-Print
Scrn copy the current window? I can't figure out how to take screen
shots for documentation. Paste is grayed out in Paint when I try to
paste to it after pressing Print Scrn. This is XP.

Swill

--
If electricity comes from electrons,
does morality come from morons?

Old Gringo

Governor Swill wrote:
> Ok, doesn't Print Scrn copy the screen to the clipboard and alt-Print
> Scrn copy the current window? I can't figure out how to take screen
> shots for documentation. Paste is grayed out in Paint when I try to
> paste to it after pressing Print Scrn. This is XP.
>
> Swill
>
> --
> If electricity comes from electrons,
> does morality come from morons?

Maybe paste it into an html editor and save it. Then open it with
paint. ?? Just a Guess.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Unk

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:55:07 -0500, Governor Swill
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ok, doesn't Print Scrn copy the screen to the clipboard and alt-Print
>Scrn copy the current window? I can't figure out how to take screen
>shots for documentation. Paste is grayed out in Paint when I try to
>paste to it after pressing Print Scrn. This is XP.
>
>Swill

If your keyboard has an F Lock key and it's engaged, PrtScn and Alt-PrtScn won't
work.

gruffydd

print screen>photosuite>new screen>edit>paste as new image

Blinky the Shark

Governor Swill wrote:

> Ok, doesn't Print Scrn copy the screen to the clipboard and alt-Print
> Scrn copy the current window? I can't figure out how to take screen
> shots for documentation. Paste is grayed out in Paint when I try to
> paste to it after pressing Print Scrn. This is XP.

Free Tip For Which You Didn't Ask: Check out a little - but very well
featured - utility called MWSnap (hello, Google). It's really tits. It
offers you additional geography choices, and a lot of other nice stuff.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Governor Swill

On 11 Jan 2005 21:07:10 GMT, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Governor Swill wrote:
>
>> Ok, doesn't Print Scrn copy the screen to the clipboard and alt-Print
>> Scrn copy the current window? I can't figure out how to take screen
>> shots for documentation. Paste is grayed out in Paint when I try to
>> paste to it after pressing Print Scrn. This is XP.

>Free Tip For Which You Didn't Ask: Check out a little - but very well
>featured - utility called MWSnap (hello, Google). It's really tits. It
>offers you additional geography choices, and a lot of other nice stuff.

Thanks for the help, guys. No Flock key, never heard of one. The
issue seems to be that nothing is sent to the clipboard. It appears
the key doesn't work as I tried Gadwin and guess what? The print
screen key didn't work. Had to switch to ctrl+F12 to get a screen
capture.

Swill

--
If electricity comes from electrons,
does morality come from morons?

Best hardware and or Software for Screen Video Captures in games ? Paul GoodBar DVD Video 0 05-10-2005 03:11 AM
DVD captures with Hypersnap and PowerDVD. Is there anything else? Patrick D. Rockwell DVD Video 4 07-23-2004 02:14 AM
Screen captures Joshua Beall HTML 4 01-19-2004 06:10 PM
Re: Movie File screen captures to .jpg or .gif? °Mike° Computer Support 0 06-28-2003 01:13 PM
Re: Movie File screen captures to .jpg or .gif? Mitch Computer Support 0 06-28-2003 12:53 PM

Advertisments