Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AVG 7.0

AVG 7.0

Joe Rogers

I've downloaded AVG 7.0 FREE edition as version 6 is now finished, however,
I'm having big problems updating the files. My PC continously tells me its
neccessary to re-start my PC in order to complete the update.

Thoughts anyone? For the record, I downloaded the programme from Grisoft
website. I contacted Grisoft but they told me they only give support for the
'paid' version........Does anyone know of another free virus programme to
use?

Joe

Ingeborg

"Joe Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:ruOEd.61964$(E-Mail Removed) :

> Does anyone know of another free virus programme to use?
>
> Joe

AntiVirŪ Personal Edition
<http://www.free-av.com>

Jerry G.

Try it in safe mode. Most likely you have something running in the
background that is effecting the update. I have used Vers 7 on a number of
machines without any fault.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Joe Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ruOEd.61964$(E-Mail Removed) ...
I've downloaded AVG 7.0 FREE edition as version 6 is now finished, however,
I'm having big problems updating the files. My PC continously tells me its
neccessary to re-start my PC in order to complete the update.

Thoughts anyone? For the record, I downloaded the programme from Grisoft
website. I contacted Grisoft but they told me they only give support for the
'paid' version........Does anyone know of another free virus programme to
use?

Joe

Bob B

If you also use Zone alarm switch off the E mail protection or disable the E
mail scanner in AVG. Bob

"Joe Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ruOEd.61964$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I've downloaded AVG 7.0 FREE edition as version 6 is now finished,

however,
> I'm having big problems updating the files. My PC continously tells me its
> neccessary to re-start my PC in order to complete the update.
>
> Thoughts anyone? For the record, I downloaded the programme from Grisoft
> website. I contacted Grisoft but they told me they only give support for

the
> 'paid' version........Does anyone know of another free virus programme to
> use?
>
> Joe

Mike Easter

Joe Rogers wrote:
> I've downloaded AVG 7.0 FREE edition as version 6 is now finished,
> however, I'm having big problems updating the files. My PC
> continously tells me its neccessary to re-start my PC in order to
> complete the update.
>
> Thoughts anyone? For the record, I downloaded the programme from
> Grisoft website. I contacted Grisoft but they told me they only give
> support for the 'paid' version........Does anyone know of another
> free virus programme to use?

Altho' you/I can't find it from the grisoft AVG website, there's a
'secret' support forum for the free.

http://gappa2.grisoft.cz/freeforum/

I have no idea why they decided to handle it covertly like that, unless
the notion was to increase sales. I looked and looked for a forum from
the AVG site the other day and couldn't find one - I only found out
because someone else pointed to it in another group.

--
Mike Easter

theortician@hotmail.com

I've had problems too, with 7.0! I tried everything to resolve it, but
nothing worked...let alone any support replies from Grisoft.
I went back to AVAST antivirus protection. It's free, and it found a
virus that had been on my system, which was never found with AGG (6 or
7)! Try it.

Secret Squiddle

"Joe Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ruOEd.61964$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I've downloaded AVG 7.0 FREE edition as version 6 is now finished,
> however,
> I'm having big problems updating the files. My PC continously tells me its
> neccessary to re-start my PC in order to complete the update.
>
> Thoughts anyone? For the record, I downloaded the programme from Grisoft
> website. I contacted Grisoft but they told me they only give support for
> the
> 'paid' version........Does anyone know of another free virus programme to
> use?
>
> Joe

You MUST unistall AVG 6 before you install AVG 7.

**SS**

Mike Easter

Secret Squiddle wrote:

> You MUST unistall AVG 6 before you install AVG 7.

Is it necessary to uninstall the AVG 6.0 Free program before
installation of AVG Free?
No, installation of the AVG Free program is able to check the existence
of AVG 6.0 Free on the PC. If AVG 6.0 Free is detected, installation of
AVG Free uninstalls it automatically.
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5468/lng/us/tpl/v5

--
Mike Easter

Mellowed

I show this as an AVG forum. http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/

news:kaREd.4145$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Joe Rogers wrote:
>> I've downloaded AVG 7.0 FREE edition as version 6 is now finished,
>> however, I'm having big problems updating the files. My PC
>> continously tells me its neccessary to re-start my PC in order to
>> complete the update.
>>
>> Thoughts anyone? For the record, I downloaded the programme from
>> Grisoft website. I contacted Grisoft but they told me they only give
>> support for the 'paid' version........Does anyone know of another
>> free virus programme to use?

> Altho' you/I can't find it from the grisoft AVG website, there's a
> 'secret' support forum for the free.
>
> http://gappa2.grisoft.cz/freeforum/
>
> I have no idea why they decided to handle it covertly like that, unless
> the notion was to increase sales. I looked and looked for a forum from
> the AVG site the other day and couldn't find one - I only found out
> because someone else pointed to it in another group.
>

> --
> Mike Easter

Mike Easter

Joe Rogers wrote:
> I've downloaded AVG 7.0 FREE edition as version 6 is now finished,
> however, I'm having big problems updating the files. My PC
> continously tells me its neccessary to re-start my PC in order to
> complete the update.

http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/re...4378,backpage=
Program update AVG Free 7.300 available -- the "AVG CC not
responding" bug on certain Windows 9x configurations should have been
fixed finally

The forum also describes uninstalling a broken install before
reinstalling the newest v.

--
Mike Easter

Thunderbird - AVG antivirus - K9 spam filter NoMoreMrNiceGuy Firefox 3 02-27-2005 02:23 PM
AVG will not update SHRED Firefox 4 08-26-2004 12:09 PM
Help Sought: When Using Mozilla Firefox AVG Reports Virus Someone Firefox 2 08-17-2004 03:36 AM
How many questions (avg) and How many can i miss? Josh MCSD 2 02-16-2004 07:25 AM
Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 260.1.3 and AVG 6.0 - 521 Fred Computer Support 0 09-23-2003 06:31 PM

Advertisments