Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Volume

Volume

Queenie

Hi- I will try to explain my little problem as best I can. In the past, when
I made the volume on my sounds either lower or higher on my keyboard, a
series of 2-inch verticle lines would appear at the bottom of my screen
either going up or down, as the case may be. Now, suddenly, these lines do
not appear anymore. The volume still changes, but the lines are gone. I
searched around to see what makes them work, to no avail. If someone out
there knows what I am talking about and can clear up this mystery, it would
be very much appreciated. I have a Gateway pc and am running Windbloze XL.
Thanx.

Damian

Queenie wrote:
> Hi- I will try to explain my little problem as best I can. In the
> past, when I made the volume on my sounds either lower or higher on
> my keyboard, a series of 2-inch verticle lines would appear at the
> bottom of my screen either going up or down, as the case may be. Now,
> suddenly, these lines do not appear anymore. The volume still
> changes, but the lines are gone. I searched around to see what makes
> them work, to no avail. If someone out there knows what I am talking
> about and can clear up this mystery, it would be very much
> appreciated. I have a Gateway pc and am running Windbloze XL. Thanx.

It's done by the driver; either your sound card, or your multimedia keyboard
driver. You probably need to go back to the Gateway site to get the latest
one for XP.

Dataspider

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:41:18 -0800, "Damian" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Queenie wrote:
>> Hi- I will try to explain my little problem as best I can. In the
>> past, when I made the volume on my sounds either lower or higher on
>> my keyboard, a series of 2-inch verticle lines would appear at the
>> bottom of my screen either going up or down, as the case may be. Now,
>> suddenly, these lines do not appear anymore. The volume still
>> changes, but the lines are gone. I searched around to see what makes
>> them work, to no avail. If someone out there knows what I am talking
>> about and can clear up this mystery, it would be very much
>> appreciated. I have a Gateway pc and am running Windbloze XL. Thanx.

>It's done by the driver; either your sound card, or your multimedia keyboard
>driver. You probably need to go back to the Gateway site to get the latest
>one for XP.

Try dobble clik.

Toolman Tim

"Dataspider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:41:18 -0800, "Damian" <(E-Mail Removed)>
| wrote:
|
| >Queenie wrote:
| >> Hi- I will try to explain my little problem as best I can. In the
| >> past, when I made the volume on my sounds either lower or higher on
| >> my keyboard, a series of 2-inch verticle lines would appear at the
| >> bottom of my screen either going up or down, as the case may be. Now,
| >> suddenly, these lines do not appear anymore. The volume still
| >> changes, but the lines are gone. I searched around to see what makes
| >> them work, to no avail. If someone out there knows what I am talking
| >> about and can clear up this mystery, it would be very much
| >> appreciated. I have a Gateway pc and am running Windbloze XL. Thanx.
| >
| >It's done by the driver; either your sound card, or your multimedia
keyboard
| >driver. You probably need to go back to the Gateway site to get the
latest
| >one for XP.
|
| Try dobble clik.

Try wiping the drool from your face before posting next time.

Toolman Tim

"Queenie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JbDEd.53218$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hi- I will try to explain my little problem as best I can. In the past,
when
| I made the volume on my sounds either lower or higher on my keyboard, a
| series of 2-inch verticle lines would appear at the bottom of my screen
| either going up or down, as the case may be. Now, suddenly, these lines do
| not appear anymore. The volume still changes, but the lines are gone. I
| searched around to see what makes them work, to no avail. If someone out
| there knows what I am talking about and can clear up this mystery, it
would
| be very much appreciated. I have a Gateway pc and am running Windbloze XL.
| Thanx.

That feature is usually referred to as "on screen display". It's software
supplied by the computer maker, not by Windows. Check your Control Panel,
Add/Remove programs. If it's not listed there, then I'd suggest checking
your Gateway disks for the setup folder for your audio system, and see if
there is a setup program there.

doS

That would be the default gateway?

news:l0FEd.60249$(E-Mail Removed)...