Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sygate firewall, and windows explorer, allow??

Sygate firewall, and windows explorer, allow??

Morph

Why does Windows exploer(2) need to use the internet ?
Is it usual to have your firewall set to 'allow' this app to use the
internet ?
Yeah, i am a noob, relatively new, anyway, .. so if its a dumbass question,
Ah Well !

°Mike°

It doesn't.

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 18:23:58 -0000, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Morph scrawled:

>Why does Windows exploer(2) need to use the internet ?

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

zebraloc

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 18:23:58 -0000, "Morph" <morph@nospam> wrote:

>Why does Windows exploer(2) need to use the internet
>Is it usual to have your firewall set to 'allow' this app to use the
>internet ?

Of course
>Yeah, i am a noob, relatively new, anyway, .. so if its a dumbass question,
>Ah Well !

elaich

"Morph" <morph@nospam> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Why does Windows exploer(2) need to use the internet ?
> Is it usual to have your firewall set to 'allow' this app to use the
> internet ?
> Yeah, i am a noob, relatively new, anyway, .. so if its a dumbass
> question, Ah Well !

Windows Explorer trying to access the Internet is usually a sign of malware
on the computer. Never allow it, never.

Morph

Thanks Mike and elaich, and funnily enough... it has not asked me, since i
last ran evry ant-virus,spyware app i have..so Cheers..