Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > To All Regulars...

To All Regulars...

Toolman Tim

"Dairy Queen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:crqdo9$g3c$(E-Mail Removed)...
|I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call yourself
the
| 24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are willing to help are the
| people who don't really need it? The people like myself who hold down 40
| hour a week jobs, a high school education that didn't offer computers,
have
| children and have no time to read 2000 page manuals, surf for hours on end
| to find the one thing you need to answer a question, or the money to pay
$20
| an hour for 10 minutes of work that could have been done by ourselves if
| someone at a 24hoursupport helpdesk had simply answered a simple question.
| Best regards,
| Unimpressed

Time out...and chill! This isn't "LIVE" support. Sometimes it takes a while.
We aren't getting paid for this either, and quite frankly, it's interfering
with watching my football games. That doesn't mean you won't get what you
pay for...

Blinky the Shark

Dairy Queen wrote:

> I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call yourself the
> 24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are willing to help are the
> people who don't really need it? The people like myself who hold down 40
> hour a week jobs, a high school education that didn't offer computers, have
> children and have no time to read 2000 page manuals, surf for hours on end
> to find the one thing you need to answer a question, or the money to pay $20
> an hour for 10 minutes of work that could have been done by ourselves if
> someone at a 24hoursupport helpdesk had simply answered a simple question.
> Best regards,
> Unimpressed

So sign up for the Premium version.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Dairy Queen

I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call yourself the
24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are willing to help are the
people who don't really need it? The people like myself who hold down 40
hour a week jobs, a high school education that didn't offer computers, have
children and have no time to read 2000 page manuals, surf for hours on end
to find the one thing you need to answer a question, or the money to pay $20
an hour for 10 minutes of work that could have been done by ourselves if
someone at a 24hoursupport helpdesk had simply answered a simple question.
Best regards,
Unimpressed

Dairy Queen

sorry Toolman... didn't mean to offend... am home ill today and have taken
time to read (and file for future reference) many of the posts and was quite
shocked at how little patience many of the regulars have for us "newbies" as
we were called back in the days I had time to teach myself via online
tutorials and newsgroups. I apologize and am hereby chastened.

Dairy Queen

Your slander is to be expected and thank you for letting me know how much
you care. People like you make newsgroups interesting and humorous.

Dairy Queen

Perhaps not, I will agree, but to a certain degree it has the ring of truth
for some (such as you), don'cha think? Although your posts are humorous and
original they are not for the most part very helpful, now are they?

Dairy Queen

The statement may have been true, but wasn't helpful as it was information
that had already been deduced long before a post had been made.

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Sat,
8 Jan 2005 21:59:48 -0800, "Dairy Queen" <(E-Mail Removed)>
screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

>I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call yourself the
>24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are willing to help are the
>people who don't really need it? The people like myself who hold down 40
>hour a week jobs, a high school education that didn't offer computers, have
>children and have no time to read 2000 page manuals, surf for hours on end
>to find the one thing you need to answer a question, or the money to pay $20
>an hour for 10 minutes of work that could have been done by ourselves if
>someone at a 24hoursupport helpdesk had simply answered a simple question.
>Best regards,
>Unimpressed

Wow, it must be really cold in Vermont because your ****ing brain is
frozen. You assume too many things, like anybody gives a **** about
how pathetic your life is or how completely inept you are with a
computer. Now, you're whining and bitching about the quality of help
you're getting in this august froup, which is done voluntarily and
with no strings attached. **** you in the ass, no one is going to help
you, now, even if some of these cluster ****s knew the correct answer.
As for your aunt and her dicked up PC, she really needs to take it in
and have someone look at the ****er. I don't see how anyone could
diagnose the problem when you don't even have the ****ing thing in
front of you.

Dairy Queen

Not sure I want to visit the site after reading the legal jargon... little
'uns may be bombarded with naughty popups whilst trying to access the Thomas
the Tank Engine site...

Richard

"Dairy Queen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:crqdo9$g3c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call yourself

the
> 24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are willing to help are the
> people who don't really need it? The people like myself who hold down 40
> hour a week jobs, a high school education that didn't offer computers,

have
> children and have no time to read 2000 page manuals, surf for hours on end
> to find the one thing you need to answer a question, or the money to pay

$20
> an hour for 10 minutes of work that could have been done by ourselves if
> someone at a 24hoursupport helpdesk had simply answered a simple question.
> Best regards,
> Unimpressed

Understanding that you did say you are ill while posting this.

In part, I will have to agree that some certain individuals around will chop
off the head of a newbee for asking a simple question.
But you have to admit, if that newbee would take the time to read a few
posts that were closely related to his own problem, he'd most likely find
the solution himself.

There used to be a time when it seemed like every day we would see "how do
you create a newsgroup?" asked ten times in the same day.
And I'm sure you'll find a few dozen recent posts on "how do I view these
movies?".

Then you have the newbee type who asks his question, gets a hundred

Some of the "regulars" are only to eager to chop heads for asking certain
questions that the person could have answered himself quite easily.

I will try to help as best as I can to a point, then it's up to the poster
to LEARN what to do from there.
As in your case after formatting your drive, you learned quickly that many
were only to eager to assist you properly.
AND, I might add, you even posted a "thanks" which is rare.

Don't worry about slapping some of the regulars like this.
They need to understand they were a newbee once.