Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE Plugin Desktop Toolbar

Reply
Thread Tools

IE Plugin Desktop Toolbar

 
 
tigercat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2005
is there anyway to get rid of this. it resides in my taskbar and always
starts up with windows. i've tried running spybot and ad-aware, but neither
helped.

any ideas are greatly appreciated.

happy new year!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
dadiOH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2005
tigercat wrote:
> is there anyway to get rid of this. it resides in my taskbar and
> always starts up with windows. i've tried running spybot and
> ad-aware, but neither helped.
>
> any ideas are greatly appreciated.


Tried looking in add/remove programs?

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...
....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
tigercat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2005
yup, not listed there. it's an enigma wrapped in a puzzle!


"dadiOH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> tigercat wrote:
>> is there anyway to get rid of this. it resides in my taskbar and
>> always starts up with windows. i've tried running spybot and
>> ad-aware, but neither helped.
>>
>> any ideas are greatly appreciated.

>
> Tried looking in add/remove programs?
>
> --
> dadiOH
> ____________________________
>
> dadiOH's dandies v3.05...
> ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
> LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
> Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Toolman Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2005

"tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| is there anyway to get rid of this. it resides in my taskbar and always
| starts up with windows. i've tried running spybot and ad-aware, but
neither
| helped.
|
| any ideas are greatly appreciated.
|
| happy new year!
|
IE? Taskbar? You can't have both...which is it? Is it a toolbar in IE, or is
it a toolbar on your taskbar?

If it's on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen, you turn it off by
right-clicking on a blank space of the taskbar, then click Toolbars, and
remove the checkmark from in front of Desktop.

If it's in IE, do the same - right-click in a blank area of the toolbar, and
turn off any toolbars you don't want.


 
Reply With Quote
 
The Black Laced One
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2005
I don't know if this is going to help you, but it's worth a shot.
In IE, go to tools, options and click on the Programs tab. Click on the
"Manage Add-ons..." button. Perhaps you can find the culprit on the list in
there and disable it... ???
PJ

"tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> yup, not listed there. it's an enigma wrapped in a puzzle!
>
>
> "dadiOH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> tigercat wrote:
>>> is there anyway to get rid of this. it resides in my taskbar and
>>> always starts up with windows. i've tried running spybot and
>>> ad-aware, but neither helped.
>>>
>>> any ideas are greatly appreciated.

>>
>> Tried looking in add/remove programs?
>>
>> --
>> dadiOH
>> ____________________________
>>
>> dadiOH's dandies v3.05...
>> ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
>> LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
>> Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
tigercat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2005
thanks, that was a good idea, but it wasn't there.




"The Black Laced One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't know if this is going to help you, but it's worth a shot.
> In IE, go to tools, options and click on the Programs tab. Click on the
> "Manage Add-ons..." button. Perhaps you can find the culprit on the list
> in there and disable it... ???
> PJ
>
> "tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> yup, not listed there. it's an enigma wrapped in a puzzle!
>>
>>
>> "dadiOH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> tigercat wrote:
>>>> is there anyway to get rid of this. it resides in my taskbar and
>>>> always starts up with windows. i've tried running spybot and
>>>> ad-aware, but neither helped.
>>>>
>>>> any ideas are greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Tried looking in add/remove programs?
>>>
>>> --
>>> dadiOH
>>> ____________________________
>>>
>>> dadiOH's dandies v3.05...
>>> ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
>>> LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
>>> Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
tigercat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2005
the program is called "IE Plugin Desktop Toolbar" and it resides only on the
taskbar. the right-click options do not prevent it from restarting. it's a
real bitch to get rid of, and i don't even recall how it got installed to
begin with.


"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bBYDd.53417$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | is there anyway to get rid of this. it resides in my taskbar and always
> | starts up with windows. i've tried running spybot and ad-aware, but
> neither
> | helped.
> |
> | any ideas are greatly appreciated.
> |
> | happy new year!
> |
> IE? Taskbar? You can't have both...which is it? Is it a toolbar in IE, or
> is
> it a toolbar on your taskbar?
>
> If it's on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen, you turn it off by
> right-clicking on a blank space of the taskbar, then click Toolbars, and
> remove the checkmark from in front of Desktop.
>
> If it's in IE, do the same - right-click in a blank area of the toolbar,
> and
> turn off any toolbars you don't want.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
tigercat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2005
Ok, I found a site with a link to uninstall the IE Plugin Desktop Toolbar.
Eventhough this site indicates the removal tool doesn't work, it seems to
have worked for me. I've rebooted several times and done some browsing and
it hasn't returned.

Below is the link to the webiste which was helpful and contains a lot of
information as well as a link to the uninstall site.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

======================================

http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/ieplugin.htm


http://www.ieplugin.com/uninstall2.html



Last updated 08/01/2005
Copyright 1999 - 2004, Sandra Hardmeier, All Rights Reserved Worldwide

Spyware Home Page

My curiosity was first aroused after discovering that
http://security.kolla.de/kbase.php?l...kbase=ieplugin no
longer exists and that http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/IEPlugin.html has
had all information removed while a "legal response to its [ieplugin's]
manufacturers" is worked out [there's nothing like a hint of mystery to get
the blood moving].



9 January 2005



I didn't think things could get worse than my initial experience, but they
did. A year ago, Intelligent Explorer included a lot of spyware, BUT the
spyware was removable and did not automatically reinstall, like it does now
(see below).



Just like last time, I downloaded Intelligent Explorer from
www.ieplugin.com. My notes follow.


Spyware, crapware, malware detected by Adaware (over 11 megabytes):

180Solutions(TAC index::49 total references
BargainBuddy(TAC index::252 total references
ClipGenie(TAC index:4):1 total references
DownloadWare(TAC index::7 total references
ImIServer IEPlugin(TAC index:5):73 total references
MRU List(TAC index:0):60 total references
NetworkEssentials(TAC index:7):58 total references
Other(TAC index:5):35 total references
Possible Browser Hijack attempt(TAC index:3):103 total references
Rads01.Quadrogram(TAC index:6):1 total references
Roings(TAC index:5):1 total references
SahAgent(TAC index:9):20 total references
SCBAR(TAC index:3):55 total references
Search Relevancy(TAC index:5):14 total references
SurfSideKickBHO(TAC index:7):1 total references
WindUpdates(TAC index::2 total references
Winpup32(TAC index:6):1 total references

Control Panel (add/remove programs) listings and uninstallation behaviour:

IEPLUGIN - no add/remove program listing - used automatic uninstallation at
www.ieplugin.com

BMSE dbl (0.82 MB) (are you sure window) reappeared on reboot.

IEC System (0.82 MB) (are you sure window) reappeared on reboot.

SE Assistant (0.82 MB) (are you sure window) reappeared on reboot.

SE Help (0.82 MB) (are you sure window) reappeared on reboot.

Search Assistant (0.82 MB) (are you sure window)

Search Function (0.82 MB) (are you sure window) reappeared on reboot.

IE Help (are you sure window) reappeared on reboot.

Sidebar Search (0.82 MB) (are you sure window)

DeskAd Service (0.11 MB) Multiple prompt windows; opened window to
www.winupdates.com page advertising 'Adware Remover Gold', 'Email Spam
Block' and Data Shredder Gold.

Search Relevancy (0.25 MB). Uninstall wizard, 3 prompt window, confusing
text, same advertising window as DeskAd Service, uninstall froze add/remove
programs and control panel.

CashBack by BargainBuddy [eXact Advertising) (0.33 MB) (uninstall wizard, 3
prompt windows, confusing text) Accessed internet during uninstall.

NaviSearch [eXact Advertising) (0.16 MB) Same uninstall wizard to Cashback
by BargainBuddy. Accessed internet during uninstall.

The BullsEye Network [eXact Advertising] (2.01 MB) same uninstall wizard,
confusing text, survey window, accessed internet.

DownloadWare (1.58 MB) (prompt window), Clipgenie survey window opened, new
window diverted to www.vegasfrontier.com, prompt 'download our FREE SOFTWARE
while surfing our site'. Prompt 'Click ok to download our free software
while browsing the site and take advantage of our Spectacular $225 bonus
(Dragon Rouge Casino pop up window), uninstall froze. Froze entire
add/remove control panel.

Recommended Hotfix - 421701D (1.05 MB) prompt window 'This will change your
current browsing functions. Are you sure you wish to continue? Accessed
internet during removal.

Uninstall 180searchAssistant (connected to internet during uninstall), popup
uninstall window.

Additional cleanup steps
Used Giant to restore all IE default page settings. Nothing left in control
panel. Desktop Toolbar icon on desktop (damaged spyware install) remains.
Deleted manually.

Rebooted


Tests after reboot

SearchEnhancement tried to reinstall (blocked using Giant Antispyware)

Numerous attempts to change search engine settings from IE defaults captured
(blocked using Giant Antispyware)

The following entries had reappeared in Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs):

BMSE dbl
IE Help
IEC System
SE Assistant
SE Help
Search Function

Crapware favorites had not been removed.

Parasite detection script (http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/parasite.htm)
detected Transponder/BTGrab and ShopAtHomeSelect.

*****************************

Time to pull out the big guns
*****************************
Before the uninstall processes listed above Adaware detected 4 processes, 7
modules, 116 registry keys, 332 registry values, 222 files and 24 folders:

After attempted uninstalls above Adaware scans detects 1 process, 54
registry keys, 101 registry values, 88 files and 7 folders:

180Solutions(TAC index::4 total references
BargainBuddy(TAC index::47 total references
BookedSpace(TAC index:10):12 total references
ClipGenie(TAC index:4):1 total references
DownloadWare(TAC index::5 total references
ImIServer IEPlugin(TAC index:5):46 total references
MRU List(TAC index:0):60 total references
NetworkEssentials(TAC index:7):21 total references
Other(TAC index:5):13 total references
Rads01.Quadrogram(TAC index:6):1 total references
SahAgent(TAC index:9):20 total references
SCBAR(TAC index:3):39 total references
SurfSideKickBHO(TAC index:7):1 total references
Tracking Cookie(TAC index:3):32 total references
Winpup32(TAC index:6):1 total references

It took a combination of AdAware, HijackThis, CWShredder, Giant Antispyware,
unhack.def and manual removal to get rid (I hope) of the crapware. I also
had to manually empty my 'temp' files in various directories. A lot of the
spyware in question was installed to, and running from, temp file
directories. Time will tell if I have (finally) been successful after 4
hours of solid work.


HISTORICAL INSTALLATION EXPERIENCE

14 September 2003



I installed "Intelligent Explorer" and downloaded it direct from
http://www.ieplugin.com/. I ran various tests before and after the
installation, and after 'automatic' removal as supplied at the same site,
using several different products, including AdAware, HijackThis and BHOCop.



Install seemed to take a long time, even with Broadband, but that's because
the "percentage installed" area of the install page never shows a figure!!
Pity those who sit there waiting for a 'completed' or 'installed
successfully' notification.



Installation:



The files involved (that I know of) are systb.dll, winobject.dll, wupdt.exe,
winserv.exe (accesses internet), lycos.exe (accesses internet), bargains.exe
(accesses internet), sidesearch1211.dll, apuc.dll. A massive system
slowdown caused by the installation of "Intelligent Explorer" left my
computer virtually un-useable. This system is a Intel Pentium III 804 MHz
with 384MB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 - admittedly its not top of the
range but it is certainly MORE than sufficient to run Outlook, FrontPage,
Outlook Express and Internet Explorer at the same time - something that it
was easily able to do before the install of "Intelligent Explorer" but which
it was unable to do afterwards.



Both monitors flashed constantly, seemingly trying to reduce all programmes
to the taskbar and expose the desktop (I run a dual monitor system). No
matter what programme I was working in at any given time, something in the
background was constantly stealing focus - I'd be typing an email, and
suddenly the cursor was gone; I'd be editing this page in FrontPage, and
suddenly the cursor was gone; I'd be trying to use the right click context
menu in IE, but it kept disappearing. I couldn't even copy a URL from the
addressbar because IE couldn't keep focus long enough to highlight the
address with the cursor. The massive slowdown is bad enough but at least
with patience things eventually happen... this flashing between programmes
makes the computer virtually impossible to use unless you have a LOT of
patience and run only one programme at a time.



New "Search" toolbar installed in the IE window.



Something called "Intelligent Desktop" (aka Onscreen Portal) was installed
on (of course) my desktop. It couldn't be moved but could be turned off (my
computer went completely haywire after I closed it - my monitors and both
desktops kept flashing, with a grey space where the "Intelligent Desktop"
should be on the main monitor).



Prompt window appeared titled "Add Item to Active Desktop" (which I don't
even use) - this window was hidden for nearly all of my testing - text
follows:

You have chosen to make this channel available offline and add it to your
Active Desktop Interface (yadayadayada) Url:
http://active.ieplugin.com/active.cdf



Lycos Sidepane shortcut on desktop (jeez, the monitor flashing is driving me
up the WALL!! Forgive me if this analysis is not as detailed as it could
be - I've GOT to get this cr*p off my system).



Home page settings seem to be unaffected.



The IE search pane took A VERY LONG TIME to open, but when it does the
settings have been changed to a new search engine "IEPL".



Here is a (cleaned up) HijackThis log.



BHOCop detected (when I could finally get it to RUN, which took about 5
minutes!!!):

Intelligent Explorer plugin (systb.dll); Sidesearch BHO
(sidesearch1211.dll); URL Catcher (apuc.dll).



Doxdesk parasite checker detected (available at link on top of page which I
was FINALLY able to open IE and access my site) - its BLOODY HARD to edit
this web page when FrontPage keep losing focus every 5 seconds or so!!!). I
quote:



"Your browser appears to have the "BargainBuddy/Apuc" parasite installed.
This software can present you with unwanted advertising and compromise your
computer's security, and may invade your online privacy. It might have been
installed without your knowledge. Information and removal instructions at
(the system was flashing so badly I couldn't do a right click to copy the
URL - had to copy type it - thank god for dual monitor systems)

http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/BargainBuddy.html"



Add/Remove Programmes showed:



Bargain Buddy

Lycos Side Search



REMOVAL:



Removal instructions were originally at
http://ww2.ieplugin.com/uninstall2.html. I have preserved those
instructions, available HERE (if it were me, I'd stick to AdAware etc).



Other removal instructions can be found at
http://www.ieplugin.com/uninstall2.html (as you will see below, their
"uninstall" was a waste of time!!!!)



While we're on the subject of removal, you will see that 'manual' removal
instructions are supplied at the above URL (preserved here), but you will
also see that the instructions make no reference to the other files detected
by AdAware and BHOCop - sidesearch1211.dll, apuc.dll, nor does it make any
mention of bargains.exe or lycos.exe.



I attempted removal as per the URL http://www.ieplugin.com/uninstall2.html -
I used the "click here to use automatic uninstall" option, allowed the
uninstaller to download, saw the 'successful' dialogue, clicked ok and
rebooted.



At first, IE would not work at all!!! That settled down though. A lot of
stuff was NOT REMOVED. AdAware (jeez, what a mess it found) detected a
stack of stuff even after I used the 'uninstaller' provided at the
"Intelligent Explorer" website - it found 58 objects, 32 registry keys, 1
process, 10 registry value, 12 files, 3 folders (again, this is AFTER
running the uninstaller) - (only 2 keys existed before I installed
"Intelligent Explorer" - one for Alexa (which is harmless, being the
'related links' option native to Internet Explorer) and one for the Media
Player playlist (which is not a problem) ).



Lycos SidePane shortcut on desktop was still there.

IE Toolbar was gone.

Search engine was still hijacked.

Pop-up windows were still happening.



AdAware found references to BargainBuddy, lmlserver, lycos sidesearch,
hotbar. I accepted the option to remove all the leftovers, and my computer
froze after AdAware had finished its business (y'know what's scary? I'm a
pro - gawd help those who aren't "computer savy").



All the uninstall at http://www.ieplugin.com/uninstall2.html did was remove
the search toolbar in IE. You will need to run AdAware to get rid of the
junk left by the "uninstaller". Even though my system froze, AdAware has
worked fine and cleaned up my system nicely EXCEPT for an active desktop
synchronisation setting for the Intelligent Desktop "OnScreen Portal" which
was not removed from Synchronisation Manager; it had to be removed manually.



As a side note, check out the terms of service for "IE Plugin" (quotes taken
from the page preserved here):



"You grant to us the right, exercisable by us until you uninstall the
Software or this agreement is otherwise terminated, to provide to you the
Service of downloading and causing to be displayed advertising material on
your computer, through 'pop-up' or other display while you use your browser.
You acknowledge and agree that installation of the Software may
automatically modify toolbars and other settings of your browser. By
installing the Software you agree to such modifications." [Editorial: NOBODY
get the uncontrolled right to "modify" stuff on MY computer]


"2. MINORS AND CHILDREN. If you are thirteen years old or younger, you are
prohibited from downloading, registering, or using the Service. If laws in
your country prohibit you from entering into a valid and enforceable
agreement with us because of your age - in many countries, because you are
under eighteen years of age - you are prohibited from downloading,
registering, or using the Service." [Editorial: I ask you, what sort of
service is prohibited for those 13 and younger???]



6. UPDATES. You grant IEPL permission to add/remove features and/or
functions to the Software and/or Service, or to install new applications, at
any time, in IEPL's sole discretion with or without your knowledge and/or
interaction. You also grant IEPL permission to make any changes to the
Software and/or Service provided at any time. [Editorial" Without my
knowledge and/or interaction? Over my dead body]

7. SERVER INTERACTION. You understand and accept that when the Software is
installed, it periodically communicates with server(s) operated by IEPL
and/or third party servers. [But not for long... your software is only on my
system for 'testing' purposes].


8. COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACY CONSENT.
You understand and grant IEPL permission to assign a unique software
identify code to your copy of the Software. You also grant IEPL permission
to collect and store information of your internet usage habit, including but
not limited to information about every web page you view with the full
Uniform Resource Locators, and the content of web page. You understand and
accept that Uniform Resource Locators and the content of web pages you view
may include your personally identifiable information. You grant IEPL
permission to collect and store information on which toolbar buttons you
click on, your response to advertising, the search terms you entered on the
toolbar and/or all other information relates to your internet usage habit.
IEPL may at times ask you for your personally identifiable information, such
as name, address, email address, postal/zip code, and telephone number. You
hereby grant IEPL permission to store such information in a separate
database. You hereby grant IEPL permission to distribute your non personally
identifiable information, to the extent permitted by law, to our partners,
agents, and/or any third party in IEPL's sole discretion. IEPL does not
currently enable users to access, review, edit, or delete information,
including internet usage information, collected during use of the Service.
By using the IEPL Software and/or Service you agree, to the extent permitted
by law, to waive any constitutional, common law, statutory, or regulatory
right of access to such information that you might otherwise have or
acquire. If you have any further queries relating to our Privacy Policy, or
you have a problem or complaint, please contact us by e-mailing us at
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). [Bye bye "Intelligent Explorer" - if anybody asks,
I'll be telling them to avoid your software like the proverbial plague]





==========================================
"tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> the program is called "IE Plugin Desktop Toolbar" and it resides only on
> the taskbar. the right-click options do not prevent it from restarting.
> it's a real bitch to get rid of, and i don't even recall how it got
> installed to begin with.
>
>
> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bBYDd.53417$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> | is there anyway to get rid of this. it resides in my taskbar and
>> always
>> | starts up with windows. i've tried running spybot and ad-aware, but
>> neither
>> | helped.
>> |
>> | any ideas are greatly appreciated.
>> |
>> | happy new year!
>> |
>> IE? Taskbar? You can't have both...which is it? Is it a toolbar in IE, or
>> is
>> it a toolbar on your taskbar?
>>
>> If it's on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen, you turn it off by
>> right-clicking on a blank space of the taskbar, then click Toolbars, and
>> remove the checkmark from in front of Desktop.
>>
>> If it's in IE, do the same - right-click in a blank area of the toolbar,
>> and
>> turn off any toolbars you don't want.
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Toolman Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2005
<<top posting error fixed>>

| "tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| >
| > "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:bBYDd.53417$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >>
| >> "tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| >> | is there anyway to get rid of this. it resides in my taskbar and
| >> always
| >> | starts up with windows. i've tried running spybot and ad-aware, but
| >> neither
| >> | helped.
| >> |
| >> | any ideas are greatly appreciated.
| >> |
| >> | happy new year!
| >> |
| >> IE? Taskbar? You can't have both...which is it? Is it a toolbar in IE,
or
| >> is
| >> it a toolbar on your taskbar?
| >>
| >> If it's on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen, you turn it off by
| >> right-clicking on a blank space of the taskbar, then click Toolbars,
and
| >> remove the checkmark from in front of Desktop.
| >>
| >> If it's in IE, do the same - right-click in a blank area of the
toolbar,
| >> and
| >> turn off any toolbars you don't want.
| >>
| >
| >
| > the program is called "IE Plugin Desktop Toolbar" and it resides only on
| > the taskbar. the right-click options do not prevent it from restarting.
| > it's a real bitch to get rid of, and i don't even recall how it got
| > installed to begin with.
| >
"tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Ok, I found a site with a link to uninstall the IE Plugin Desktop Toolbar.
| Eventhough this site indicates the removal tool doesn't work, it seems to
| have worked for me. I've rebooted several times and done some browsing
and
| it hasn't returned.
|
| Below is the link to the webiste which was helpful and contains a lot of
| information as well as a link to the uninstall site.
|
| Thanks for your help and suggestions!
|
| ======================================
|
| http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/ieplugin.htm
|
|
| http://www.ieplugin.com/uninstall2.html
|

<<SNIPPED>>

Please don't include the entire text of a web page when you post here - the
links you provided were sufficient.

And if people are replying to the BOTTOM of your post, DON'T reply at the
top. The whole thing gets all twisted and the 'conversation' (thread) is
impossible to follow. The next person reading your question, is going to
find the question in the middle, part of the discussion at the bottom, the
answer at the top, or some other such nonsense.


 
Reply With Quote
 
tigercat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2005
gee, for someone who was useless as all hell in solving my problem, you sure
are full of advice now. i guess you're either a johnny come lately or a
monday morning quaterback. thanks for nothing. you got the right handle
for sure, cause you're certainly a TOOL.


"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0Z_Dd.53447$(E-Mail Removed)...
> <<top posting error fixed>>
>
> | "tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | >
> | > "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | > news:bBYDd.53417$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | >>
> | >> "tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | >> | is there anyway to get rid of this. it resides in my taskbar and
> | >> always
> | >> | starts up with windows. i've tried running spybot and ad-aware,
> but
> | >> neither
> | >> | helped.
> | >> |
> | >> | any ideas are greatly appreciated.
> | >> |
> | >> | happy new year!
> | >> |
> | >> IE? Taskbar? You can't have both...which is it? Is it a toolbar in
> IE,
> or
> | >> is
> | >> it a toolbar on your taskbar?
> | >>
> | >> If it's on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen, you turn it off
> by
> | >> right-clicking on a blank space of the taskbar, then click Toolbars,
> and
> | >> remove the checkmark from in front of Desktop.
> | >>
> | >> If it's in IE, do the same - right-click in a blank area of the
> toolbar,
> | >> and
> | >> turn off any toolbars you don't want.
> | >>
> | >
> | >
> | > the program is called "IE Plugin Desktop Toolbar" and it resides only
> on
> | > the taskbar. the right-click options do not prevent it from
> restarting.
> | > it's a real bitch to get rid of, and i don't even recall how it got
> | > installed to begin with.
> | >
> "tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Ok, I found a site with a link to uninstall the IE Plugin Desktop
> Toolbar.
> | Eventhough this site indicates the removal tool doesn't work, it seems
> to
> | have worked for me. I've rebooted several times and done some browsing
> and
> | it hasn't returned.
> |
> | Below is the link to the webiste which was helpful and contains a lot of
> | information as well as a link to the uninstall site.
> |
> | Thanks for your help and suggestions!
> |
> | ======================================
> |
> | http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/ieplugin.htm
> |
> |
> | http://www.ieplugin.com/uninstall2.html
> |
>
> <<SNIPPED>>
>
> Please don't include the entire text of a web page when you post here -
> the
> links you provided were sufficient.
>
> And if people are replying to the BOTTOM of your post, DON'T reply at the
> top. The whole thing gets all twisted and the 'conversation' (thread) is
> impossible to follow. The next person reading your question, is going to
> find the question in the middle, part of the discussion at the bottom, the
> answer at the top, or some other such nonsense.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
window.open with toolbar=1 and without google toolbar ? pcouas Javascript 0 02-19-2007 08:28 AM
Detect if Sun plugin is installed (in IE) EVEN if not set as default in plugin? PilotYid Java 1 10-31-2005 11:13 AM
Toolbar behind toolbar help pls? Dribbler Computer Support 4 05-01-2005 11:10 AM
Re: internet explorer/firefox plugin/toolbar Marcus Goldfish Python 0 04-23-2005 03:10 AM
internet explorer/firefox plugin/toolbar bruce Python 0 04-23-2005 12:33 AM



Advertisments