Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Re: VHDL testbench: read BMP Files?

Re: VHDL testbench: read BMP Files?

Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

itsme wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to direct read a Picture from a BMP File in a VHDL testbench and
> generate out of this some Stimulis for my video processing and store the
> video output again in a BMP File.
> Is there a library/Package?
> As I know there is a TEXTIO package but there must be ASCII data to read.
> How can a access raw File data?
>
> thanks peter

Just translate your binary file to an ASCII file, with a simple parse
script.
But, if you are working on 1MB binary file, your ASCII will be about 8MB.
If that a trouble for your, translate your binary file to a ASCII
version HEX.
But, if you are working on 1MB binary file, your ASCII HEX will be about
2MB.

Laurent
www.amontec.com