Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 2nd monitor questions

2nd monitor questions

diesel

hi

i have just brought a 2nd hand tft screen (philips 150S3) and plugged it
into my pc.

when i turn the pc on both monitors show the bios post screen and the
windows loading screens, but once the desktop comes on the tft goes into
sleep mode.

now i have told the display properties that there is a 2nd monitor and even
selected the extend desktop option. unfortunatly i still get this happening.

my first thought was that the 2nd output from my card is not a d-sub but the
newer type (cant remember what its called off the top of my head, the larger
connector type used for lcd monitors) i have an addaptor fitted and i
wondered if that could be the problem.

however if the signal is coming through ok the adapter cant be the problem
right?

also i have p&p monitor drivers installed for it as i cant find a driver (on
a english page) using google so if there are any drivers that i need can i
please be pointed in the right direction?

all help will be apreaceated

Scrote

diesel wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> i have just brought a 2nd hand tft screen (philips 150S3) and
>> plugged it into my pc.
>>
>> when i turn the pc on both monitors show the bios post screen and the
>> windows loading screens, but once the desktop comes on the tft goes
>> into sleep mode.
>>
>> now i have told the display properties that there is a 2nd monitor
>> and even selected the extend desktop option. unfortunatly i still
>> get this happening.
>>
>> my first thought was that the 2nd output from my card is not a d-sub
>> but the newer type (cant remember what its called off the top of my
>> head, the larger connector type used for lcd monitors) i have an
>> addaptor fitted and i wondered if that could be the problem.
>>
>> however if the signal is coming through ok the adapter cant be the
>> problem right?
>>
>> also i have p&p monitor drivers installed for it as i cant find a
>> driver (on a english page) using google so if there are any drivers
>> that i need can i please be pointed in the right direction?
>>
>> all help will be apreaceated

Which graphics card are you using?
--
Most fools think they are only ignorant.
-- Benjamin Franklin

diesel

hi

sorry i forgot to mention that its a nvidia GeForce FX 5600

"Scrote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> diesel wrote:
>>> hi
>>>
>>> i have just brought a 2nd hand tft screen (philips 150S3) and
>>> plugged it into my pc.
>>>
>>> when i turn the pc on both monitors show the bios post screen and the
>>> windows loading screens, but once the desktop comes on the tft goes
>>> into sleep mode.
>>>
>>> now i have told the display properties that there is a 2nd monitor
>>> and even selected the extend desktop option. unfortunatly i still
>>> get this happening.
>>>
>>> my first thought was that the 2nd output from my card is not a d-sub
>>> but the newer type (cant remember what its called off the top of my
>>> head, the larger connector type used for lcd monitors) i have an
>>> addaptor fitted and i wondered if that could be the problem.
>>>
>>> however if the signal is coming through ok the adapter cant be the
>>> problem right?
>>>
>>> also i have p&p monitor drivers installed for it as i cant find a
>>> driver (on a english page) using google so if there are any drivers
>>> that i need can i please be pointed in the right direction?
>>>
>>> all help will be apreaceated

> Which graphics card are you using?
> --
> Most fools think they are only ignorant.
> -- Benjamin Franklin

diesel

hi

i should have said, its a nvidia geforce fx 5600

hth

diesel wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> i should have said, its a nvidia geforce fx 5600
>>
>> hth
>>
>> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 09:44:01 -0000, "Scrote"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Which graphics card are you using?

1.Get latest drivers for your operating system here
http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp .
2.Uninstall present driver. It should be in Add/Remove programs in
Control Panel.
3.Reboot.
4.Navigate to, then double click on driver at (1.)
5.Use & READ wizards to configure screen use/layout.

HTH

--
Most fools think they are only ignorant.
-- Benjamin Franklin

diesel

cheers scrote worked a treat