Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Power button does not turn OFF? New power supply does not help! win2k

Power button does not turn OFF? New power supply does not help! win2k

lbbss

We had a shut down problem and we were told to get a new power supply to
fix the problem. So we had a new ultra quiet power supply installed.
But
the problem still exists. The only time it shuts down properly is when
the
computer has only been used for a short amout of time (still cold).
My friends computer does not turn off when shutting down. Windows shuts
down fine but the computer sounds like it is still running. So he has to
hold the power button for 3 seconds for it to turn off. Also, when you
want to turn on the computer it does not boot up when you press the power
button (even though you hear the power go on, there is nothing on the
screen). Then when you press the reset button it boots up fine. Also
recently the clock on occasion is reset to 12:00. Also, certain web
sites will not load properly (freezes up). windows 2000 pro. athalon
1Ghz, 40gig hd. Since it is not a power supply issue, what else could
it be?