Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Where's my color?

Where's my color?

Ditoa

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 00:42:45 -0600, "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001>
wrote:

<snipped>

Umm I don't think installing loads of Nvidia and Sound Blaster drivers
are going to help her. What if she does an ATI card for example? It
could kill her system and she might have to reinstall Windows again.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:34:22 -0800, "Dairy Queen"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> I want to thank you all for your advice... I have gone to Belarc...
|> downloaded and printed. (I checked the properties on my desktop long ago
|> which is how I found I only have two color options) Now I must ask for your
|> patient advice again. Under display it has the standard pci graphics
|> adapter, and under that it has OEC 13.2. I ran a search for OEC 13.2
|> drivers and all I got was sports sites, universities and screwdrivers(????).
|> As for a sound card the only thing listed on my profile is a wave device for
|> voice modem??? Any help/ advice would be greatly apreciated.

Right click on your desktop
Properties
settings
adapter
change
Next
click on "display list of all drivers" > next
Click on show all hardware
select standard display types
select standard PCI graphics adapter (VGA)
And I guess next, there's only so far I'm going

That will give you at least 256 colors.

It doesn't appear you have a sound card, in the control panel run "add
new hardware" and see what's found.

--
http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/features/sex/61256

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:11:14 -0800, "Dairy Queen"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> I know you probably think I'm a complete moron, and as far as this goes, I
|> am. I did exactly what you said, step by step and still only have the same
|> two options when before reinstall I had several. I am drowning here... I
|> have someone coming over at 3pm to fix all problems, but at $20 an hour I
|> would like to fix as many as possible before he arrives. Thanks again for
|> your extreme patience...

Hate to see you spend money and not going to suggest you do a clean
install BUT the driver I pointed you to is a standard Win98 driver it
should be available to you. SInce it's not, other problems seem to be
involved.

--
-zippo?-

Dairy Queen

I want to thank you all for your advice... I have gone to Belarc...
downloaded and printed. (I checked the properties on my desktop long ago
which is how I found I only have two color options) Now I must ask for your
patient advice again. Under display it has the standard pci graphics
adapter, and under that it has OEC 13.2. I ran a search for OEC 13.2
drivers and all I got was sports sites, universities and screwdrivers(????).
As for a sound card the only thing listed on my profile is a wave device for
voice modem??? Any help/ advice would be greatly apreciated.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:32:27 -0800, "Dairy Queen"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> Well thanks for trying. I know this guy has the drivers and all, because
|> this is the 3rd time I have had to pay him. I was trying to learn how to do
|> this stuff myself so I could save myself some money. Anywho... Any ideas
|> where I can find a driver for a CMI8330.Audio Adaptor? I am searching the
|> web now but am finding nothing but bs and more links...

No reason you HAVE to download anything for what you want.

http://www.cmedia.com.tw/edl8330.htm

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> Well thanks for trying. I know this guy has the drivers and all, because
|> this is the 3rd time I have had to pay him. I was trying to learn how to do
|> this stuff myself so I could save myself some money. Anywho... Any ideas
|> where I can find a driver for a CMI8330.Audio Adaptor? I am searching the
|> web now but am finding nothing but bs and more links...

Looking at the Belarc report under Motherboard is it listed as PC Chips?

If so google for drivers for that motherboard, all your drivers should
be in that file.

Dairy Queen

I know you probably think I'm a complete moron, and as far as this goes, I
am. I did exactly what you said, step by step and still only have the same
two options when before reinstall I had several. I am drowning here... I
have someone coming over at 3pm to fix all problems, but at $20 an hour I
would like to fix as many as possible before he arrives. Thanks again for
your extreme patience...

Tony

"Dairy Queen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:crk0k3$dn4d$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have located a driver site but in order to access the drivers I have to
>dl
> PC Booster, GoToMyPC, or SpyBouncer. Does anyone know if any of these is
> safe?

I see someone earlier suggested Belarc which is fine to view what's
installed - I used to use it myself but a better programme is Everest home
from http://www.lavalys.com/ . It actually gives a clickable link to take
you straight to the place to download drivers. I would suggest you try
that. Also if you manage to find the drivers,copy them to a floppy if they
will fit or CD so you have them in the future.

HTH
Tony

Dairy Queen