Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What is the best anti virus protection in the universe?

What is the best anti virus protection in the universe?

Thomas Edison

George <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm seeking knowledge, I want to know what is the absolute best antivirus
> product in the entire known universe.
>
> I mean anything that is below $25 USD which also includes anything that is
> free.

I'd suggest that you ask in alt.comp.virus.

In fact, I've cross-posted this question there for you, with follow-ups set
thereto.

George

I'm seeking knowledge, I want to know what is the absolute best antivirus
product in the entire known universe.

I mean anything that is below $25 USD which also includes anything that is
free.

Yddap

In news:crfe00$ghg$(E-Mail Removed),
George <(E-Mail Removed)> opined very noisily:
> I'm seeking knowledge, I want to know what is the absolute best
> antivirus product in the entire known universe.
>
> I mean anything that is below $25 USD which also includes anything
> that is free.

The OFF switch

--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Olfart

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:crfe00$ghg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm seeking knowledge, I want to know what is the absolute best antivirus
> product in the entire known universe.
>
> I mean anything that is below $25 USD which also includes anything that is
> free.

Don't go online

George

"Yddap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uaHCd.3481$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> In news:crfe00$ghg$(E-Mail Removed),
> George <(E-Mail Removed)> opined very noisily:
>> I'm seeking knowledge, I want to know what is the absolute best
>> antivirus product in the entire known universe.
>>
>> I mean anything that is below $25 USD which also includes anything
>> that is free.

> The OFF switch
>
> --

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahhah

That was not really funny as it did not answer my question in the correct
manner >

George

"Olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:crfe00$ghg$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm seeking knowledge, I want to know what is the absolute best antivirus
>> product in the entire known universe.
>>
>> I mean anything that is below $25 USD which also includes anything that
>> is
>> free.
>>

> Don't go online

Hahahahah

Hey that was two funny replies and now I'm not wishing to recieve any
further funny replies.

Please can someone give me a sensible reply to my sensible question.

Thankyou

Nottoman

How about a legit answer.
eTrust EZ Antivirus from Computer Associates. Highlighted in a recent PC
World article. I have had excellent results with it in my tech business.
Doesn't bog down your system like many others, very good autoupdate feature.
Email me direct and I'll send you a link for a full year free.(Reply) Don't
want to spoil it by posting here. There are some free ones that people tend
to laud as great but you get what you pay for.
Online scans are a great tool also to Detect pesky instrustions, not to
protect. You need AV software and a firewall like ZoneAlarm

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:crfe00$ghg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm seeking knowledge, I want to know what is the absolute best antivirus
> product in the entire known universe.
>
> I mean anything that is below $25 USD which also includes anything that is
> free.

George

"Nottoman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> How about a legit answer.
> eTrust EZ Antivirus from Computer Associates. Highlighted in a recent PC
> World article. I have had excellent results with it in my tech business.
> Doesn't bog down your system like many others, very good autoupdate
> feature.
> Email me direct and I'll send you a link for a full year free.(Reply)
> Don't
> want to spoil it by posting here. There are some free ones that people
> tend
> to laud as great but you get what you pay for.
> Online scans are a great tool also to Detect pesky instrustions, not to
> protect. You need AV software and a firewall like ZoneAlarm
>
> "George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:crfe00$ghg$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm seeking knowledge, I want to know what is the absolute best antivirus
>> product in the entire known universe.
>>
>> I mean anything that is below $25 USD which also includes anything that
>> is
>> free.

Much appreciated!! Thanks I' appreciate the serious relpy, its nice to have
a laugh once in a while but I thought I was not going to get any advice on
this one LOL til you posted of course.

Mara

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 01:16:45 -0000, "George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:crfe00$ghg$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I'm seeking knowledge, I want to know what is the absolute best antivirus
>>> product in the entire known universe.
>>>
>>> I mean anything that is below $25 USD which also includes anything that
>>> is
>>> free.
>>>

>> Don't go online

>Hahahahah
>
>Hey that was two funny replies and now I'm not wishing to recieve any
>further funny replies.
>
>Please can someone give me a sensible reply to my sensible question.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/seite...e/report01.pdf

As to the cost of the compared programs, you'd have to look that up yourself.

>Thankyou

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

earthlink

i cant come with a funny answer but you might try AVG free
i have just started to use it on my win98se computer and for what it costs
it really looks good.