Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bulk Mail or Inbox

Bulk Mail or Inbox

MS

Hi There.

I have built a website which users need to register on, and to validate
users a validation email is sent to the supplied email address.

This works fine except the automatic email that is sent out ends up in Bulk
Mail (for hotmail accounts) instead of Inbox.

I realise that there are different options on how mail is filtered into bulk
mail, but for my own account I have no options set, yet the email still ends
up in bulk mail.

Is this something I can control somehow ?

I am using PHP mail() to send the email.

Best Wishes
Alex

jose 3030

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:47:55 +0000 (UTC), "MS"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi There.
>
>I have built a website which users need to register on, and to validate
>users a validation email is sent to the supplied email address.
>
>This works fine except the automatic email that is sent out ends up in Bulk
>Mail (for hotmail accounts) instead of Inbox.
>
>I realise that there are different options on how mail is filtered into bulk
>mail, but for my own account I have no options set, yet the email still ends
>up in bulk mail.
>
>Is this something I can control somehow ?
>
>I am using PHP mail() to send the email.
>
>Best Wishes
>Alex

You have reverse DNS set up?
So that mail.yourdomain.com points to an IP at the ISP level?

-Jose

Bulk Mail Newbie Computer Support 12 05-11-2006 09:16 AM
Recommend mail order for Bulk Blank DVD David DVD Video 2 10-14-2004 05:12 AM
Bulk Mail Clive Moss ASP General 0 04-11-2004 06:33 PM
Mail in mass bulk jack Computer Support 22 02-12-2004 05:12 AM
Suddenly, SPAM and BULK MAIL Flooding. What is happening? Tony A+ Certification 4 09-26-2003 03:45 AM

Advertisments