Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Evict Epson driver

Evict Epson driver

bkatz5

I had an Epson printer that I sold and then deinstalled.

Now, every time I start-up I get notice that the Epson driver is missing.

How can I get rid of the message?

Stevo

bkatz5 wrote:
> I had an Epson printer that I sold and then deinstalled.
>
> Now, every time I start-up I get notice that the Epson driver is
> missing.
> How can I get rid of the message?

Where in the boot sequence do you ge the message? and what is the full
message?

If it is in text on a blank screen, then chances are there is an entry
in the Win.ini or System.ini file which you should be able to edit out -
depending on your undisclosed OS..

The entry might also be in the registry somewhere.. again it is hard to
assist further not knowing your OS...

--
Stevo
(pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

Noel Paton

"bkatz5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsvjCd.19424$Q%4.12743@fed1read06...
>I had an Epson printer that I sold and then deinstalled.
>
> Now, every time I start-up I get notice that the Epson driver is missing.
>
> How can I get rid of the message?

Did you also remove the Epson monitor application from Add/Remove Programs?

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
A Happy Xmas, and a Merry New Year to everyone!