Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hiding 2nd HDD

Hiding 2nd HDD

TSmoker

when disableling the 2nd HDD in my BIOS, it still appears in windows
(W2k/SP4) and is still avalable to other users any help??

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

TSmoker wrote:

> when disableling the 2nd HDD in my BIOS, it still appears in windows
> (W2k/SP4) and is still avalable to other users any help??

Unplug it.

TSmoker

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:11:07 -0500, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>TSmoker wrote:
>
>> when disableling the 2nd HDD in my BIOS, it still appears in windows
>> (W2k/SP4) and is still avalable to other users any help??

>Unplug it.

dont want to unplug it as it does get used but want to hide it from
other users im still need FAT32 Partition so cant use the extra
security fetures of the NTFS system

mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, TSmoker mused:

| dont want to unplug it as it does get used but want to hide it from
| other users im still need FAT32 Partition so cant use the extra
| security fetures of the NTFS system

Install TweakUI (Windows only), and you can use that to hide a drive
from the GUI. But, you can still access them from a command prompt.

mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, TSmoker mused:

| dont want to unplug it as it does get used but want to hide it from
| other users im still need FAT32 Partition so cant use the extra
| security fetures of the NTFS system

Out of curiosity, why do you have to have a FAT32 partition?

TSmoker

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 19:52:51 GMT, "mhicaoidh"
<mv_mhic_aoidh@hotXmailPM.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, why do you have to have a FAT32 partition?

PC recently upgraded from from win98se, still want to maintain a
ms-dos prtition for thetime being

Toolman Tim

"TSmoker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| when disableling the 2nd HDD in my BIOS, it still appears in windows
| (W2k/SP4) and is still avalable to other users any help??

How about this: disk management. Enable/Disable. Step by step...

winkey-r (run window) type compmgmt.msc and press enter. On the left side,
click on "Disk Managment". Then in the right window, right click the drive
you want to 'hide', and select "Properties". At the bottom of the "General"
tab, you have the option "Device usage" - enable or disable the drive.

Toolman Tim

news:uWmCd.36476$(E-Mail Removed)...

| "TSmoker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
|| when disableling the 2nd HDD in my BIOS, it still appears in windows
|| (W2k/SP4) and is still avalable to other users any help??
|
| How about this: disk management. Enable/Disable. Step by step...
|
| winkey-r (run window) type compmgmt.msc and press enter. On the left side,
| click on "Disk Managment". Then in the right window, right click the drive
| you want to 'hide', and select "Properties". At the bottom of the
"General"
| tab, you have the option "Device usage" - enable or disable the drive.

(Forgot to say - I don't have a W2K machine here, just XP, but I believe
it's the same in W2K)