Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > VHDL Prettifier for Windows

VHDL Prettifier for Windows

Matt

Anyone know of a VHDL code prettifier for windows? The best thing I have
seen so far is the extension for emacs, which works, but adds spaces rather
than tabs, making the code a pain to edit afterward.

~ Matt

Martin Thompson

"Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Anyone know of a VHDL code prettifier for windows? The best thing I have
> seen so far is the extension for emacs, which works, but adds spaces rather
> than tabs, making the code a pain to edit afterward.

Not if you edit it in Emacs It then treats them as tabs while
editing...

Cheers,
Martin

TRW Conekt, Solihull, UK
http://www.trw.com/conekt

Colin Marquardt

Martin Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> "Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> Anyone know of a VHDL code prettifier for windows? The best thing I have
>> seen so far is the extension for emacs, which works, but adds spaces rather
>> than tabs, making the code a pain to edit afterward.

> Not if you edit it in Emacs It then treats them as tabs while
> editing...

You can also set 'Vhdl Indent Tabs Mode' to 'on' (VHDL | Options |
Mode), or you could call M-x tabify by hand before saving the file.

HTH,
Colin

Matt

I don't see such a menu option in what I am using, and I think I exhausted
the menus searching through them. I tried the tabify command but emacs only
indents 2 spaces, so they don't turn to tabs. Maybe I'll do some more
messing with that later.

I did download version 21.3 which I believe is the newest as of right now.
I like the side panel showing all the .vhd files. Now if only it'd put them
in heirarchical format I'd just use emacs as my editor rather than Webpack
from Xilinx.

~ Matt

"Colin Marquardt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Martin Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > "Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >
> >> Anyone know of a VHDL code prettifier for windows? The best thing I

have
> >> seen so far is the extension for emacs, which works, but adds spaces

rather
> >> than tabs, making the code a pain to edit afterward.

> > Not if you edit it in Emacs It then treats them as tabs while
> > editing...

> You can also set 'Vhdl Indent Tabs Mode' to 'on' (VHDL | Options |
> Mode), or you could call M-x tabify by hand before saving the file.
>
> HTH,
> Colin

fred

In article <bhbo43$mg4$(E-Mail Removed)>, Matt
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Anyone know of a VHDL code prettifier for windows? The best thing I have
>seen so far is the extension for emacs, which works, but adds spaces rather
>than tabs, making the code a pain to edit afterward.
>
>~ Matt

If you are not a fan of emacs, you may want to give Ultraedit a trial
download. It supports the pretties you want & it's what I use for all my vhdl
editing. You need to download a "wordfile" for vhdl or vhdl93 which it will
use for syntax highlighting. Probably less powerful than emacs in terms of
text completions, but still my fave.

Oh, but it is $35 . . .

HTH
--
fred

BPSK on VHDL (warning - VHDL newbie) pygmalion VHDL 6 06-23-2006 07:30 PM
VHDL 2002 vs VHDL 1993 dude VHDL 1 03-23-2006 01:18 PM
multiD-vhdl: Multi Dimensional Arrays (allowing generics on each dimension) for VHDL (including ports) albert.neu@gmail.com VHDL 2 03-21-2006 04:05 PM
what's the difference between VHDL 93 CONCATENATION and VHDL 87 CONCATENATION? walala VHDL 3 09-18-2003 04:17 AM

Advertisments