Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dell Dimension 2100

Dell Dimension 2100

robert fink

I have a dell dinension 2100. It will not boot up at all. When starting, it
accesses the cd drive but not the floppy or the hard drive. The monitor
shows a screen with a checker board pattern but no video. I removed all
cards, installed a different memory and checked all connections. Please
help!

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/free_video/

SA

Are there any error msgs? If so, are you able to post them.
"robert fink" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have a dell dinension 2100. It will not boot up at all. When starting, it
>accesses the cd drive but not the floppy or the hard drive. The monitor
>shows a screen with a checker board pattern but no video. I removed all
>cards, installed a different memory and checked all connections. Please
>help!

> Click here for Free Video!!
> http://www.gohip.com/free_video/

Toolman Tim

"robert fink" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|I have a dell dinension 2100. It will not boot up at all. When starting, it
| accesses the cd drive but not the floppy or the hard drive. The monitor
| shows a screen with a checker board pattern but no video. I removed all
| cards, installed a different memory and checked all connections. Please
| help!

Do you have a 'spare' video card you can put in to test it? The
'checkerboard pattern' makes it sound like possibly a bad video system. I
think the 2100 has on-board video, which would be automatically disabled if
you put a PCI card in.

Also, take everything out that you can. Try disconnecting the drives, taking
out all but one RAM stick, any add-on cards, etc. Then if you get your
normal POST, you can start adding things back in one at a time.