Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > sound recording

sound recording

Pete

If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into the
computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
What type of equipment will I need?

Toolman Tim

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into
the
| computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
| What type of equipment will I need?

No equipment - you already have the equipment...it's called a *computer*.
You need software that can capture your audio and save it to a file. It
might be helpful to know *what* you want to capture.

Nick

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into

the
> computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
> What type of equipment will I need?

If the sound file is on a website you are viewing
you might see the URL link in the "source" text.

If the file in use is using Media Player it could
possibly be saved from the menu bar.

Should you be downloading the sound files
you could try right clicking on the desired
file and select Save Target As

Your soundcard might support "Record What
you Hear"

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 13:04:23 -0500, "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into the
|> computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
|> What type of equipment will I need?

Run (WinKey+R) sndrec32

Click the record button when you hear something you want.

It's down and dirty, saves as a wav file only, but it works.

dadiOH

Pete wrote:
> If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow
> into the computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
> What type of equipment will I need?

Sure. You can use Windows Sound Recorder for up to 60 second
recordings, as much as you want if you make a blank wave file. Easier
to look in my dandies below for another app to your liking.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

Ian Jackson

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, dadiOH <(E-Mail Removed)>
writes
>Pete wrote:
>> If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow
>> into the computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
>> What type of equipment will I need?

>Sure. You can use Windows Sound Recorder for up to 60 second
>recordings, as much as you want if you make a blank wave file. Easier
>to look in my dandies below for another app to your liking.
>
>--
>dadiOH
>____________________________
>
>dadiOH's dandies v3.05...
>...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
>LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
>Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico

I use Harddisk Ogg.
It's free. It works for me.
http://www.fridgesoft.de/harddiskogg.php
However, there are others.
Ian.

rick

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 13:04:23 -0500, "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into the
>computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
>What type of equipment will I need?

I use All Sound Recorder XP

http://www.mp3do.com/

snap

rick

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 13:04:23 -0500, "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into the
>computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
>What type of equipment will I need?

I use All Sound Recorder XP

http://www.mp3do.com/

snap

Anthony Wieser

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into
the
: computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
: What type of equipment will I need?
:
:

My company makes a program called RIP Vinyl that can record from pretty much
any audio source on your computer, including streaming audio if your sound
card supports recording from the stereo mixer. In addition, it will
automatically create new tracks at silent portions of the recording, and
discard the intervening silence.

It isn't free, but almost is, costing only US $7.00

You can read more about it, and get a free trial version from
www.ripvinyl.com/?050104

The trial version inserts beeps on the recording, so you can see if it does
the job for you. If you have an ACM MP3 encoder installed, you can also
record at the highest rate that encoder supports. My legal MP3 encoder from
Cyberlink encodes to 320 kbits/second.

Anthony Wieser
Wieser Software Ltd

Eli Aran

www.magicsofts.com has a shareware SoundCapture program with an unlimited
trial period!
you can decide when to start recording whatever you can hear from your sound
card and you can decide whether to save the recorded file as .wav or .mp3
and at what bit rate etc.
i used it for a few important recordings of iternet based radio programs i
wanted to keep.
take into consideration that not everything you can hear on the net is
initialy *FREE* to record. you probably must get a written approval from
copywrite holders of songs or their publishers in order to be able to record
and use their material. i suppose recording "general" internet radio
brodcasts (meaning people that sit and talk on the radio shows) are "ok" to
record but check it out...
you can find the program here:
http://www.softpile.com/Multimedia/A...678_index.html
and here:
http://www.idownloadfree.com/Audio-a...undCapture.htm
and here:
http://www.filebasket.com/index.php?...56%26cid%3D109
and here:
http://downloads.zdnet.co.uk/0,39025...052498s,00.htm
just to mention a few.
HTH

Sound recording rsp Computer Support 4 08-29-2011 02:30 AM
Choppy sound when recording Keith Computer Support 1 06-14-2004 09:56 PM
Re: Sound recording philo Computer Support 1 12-07-2003 09:17 PM
Re: Sound Recording - Runs out of memory jackson marshmallow Java 0 07-18-2003 08:49 AM
Re: Sound recording suggestions °Mike° Computer Support 0 07-06-2003 03:28 PM

Advertisments