Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > any good books for studying VHDL with meaningful examples?

any good books for studying VHDL with meaningful examples?

walala

Dear all,

I am a newbie studying VHDL... There are books for beginner everywhere
but I always find nearly the same examples, a counter, or a
comparator, simple enough, but the examples are not scalable to adapt
larger tasks... are there good books for studying/reference in general
and specificaly have meaningful instructive examples?

Thanks a lot for your help,

-Walala

Mike Treseler

walala wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am a newbie studying VHDL... There are books for beginner everywhere
> but I always find nearly the same examples, a counter, or a
> comparator, simple enough, but the examples are not scalable to adapt
> larger tasks... are there good books for studying/reference in general
> and specificaly have meaningful instructive examples?

There are thousands of examples on the web.
Here's a few:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=vh...ss+rising_edge

Do your own search.
Get a good editor and simulator and learn by doing.
What is meaningful to me may be useless to you
and vice versa.

-- Mike Treseler