Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Anybody know a forum or newsgroup where I can get help with using Invision board?

Anybody know a forum or newsgroup where I can get help with using Invision board?

as94

Hi

I am needing to find a place that I can get help and advice with regard to
using Invision Power Board, I am using a trial version and they don't
provide access to the support forum unless you are an existing customer.

Mike Easter

as94 wrote:
> I am needing to find a place that I can get help and advice with
> regard to using Invision Power Board, I am using a trial version and
> they don't provide access to the support forum unless you are an
> existing customer.

http://www.invisionboard.com/?resources
Preferred & Approved Resource Site Listings
Third Party Resource Site Listings
IPB Helpers (IPBH) is a resource and support site for all of IPS
products and services. We offer free support to registered and
non-registered users of Invision Power Board for versions 1.0.x - 2.0.x.
http://www.ipbhelpers.com/
PHP-Scripting.us is a comprehensive resource site for Invision Board
power users: those users who just NEED to modify and skin their site to
suit their own needs. http://www.php-scripting.us/
<snip>
etc etc etc

--
Mike Easter

as94

news:YVHBd.14858$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> as94 wrote:
>> I am needing to find a place that I can get help and advice with
>> regard to using Invision Power Board, I am using a trial version and
>> they don't provide access to the support forum unless you are an
>> existing customer.

> http://www.invisionboard.com/?resources
> Preferred & Approved Resource Site Listings
> Third Party Resource Site Listings
> IPB Helpers (IPBH) is a resource and support site for all of IPS
> products and services. We offer free support to registered and
> non-registered users of Invision Power Board for versions 1.0.x - 2.0.x.
> http://www.ipbhelpers.com/
> PHP-Scripting.us is a comprehensive resource site for Invision Board
> power users: those users who just NEED to modify and skin their site to
> suit their own needs. http://www.php-scripting.us/
> <snip>
> etc etc etc>
> --
> Mike Easter

MIKE!!!!! You are a GENIUS thankyou, that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for
I can't get access to the main forums because I'm not yet a paying
customer.....further more if I don't buy the license every single year then
I my access also stops.

The same with Vbulletin board. Do you know anywhere there is a similar
Vbulletin help group? The same scenario, if I buy a Second Hand license I am
again not eligible for their help or support.

Do you know I have made some kind of mistake with installing the "binary
trial version" and it didn't work, and it is difficult without being able to
ask advice.

Thanks again Mike Have a good evening/day wherever you are

Mike Easter

as94 wrote:
> The same with Vbulletin board. Do you know anywhere there is a similar
> Vbulletin help group?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ Welcome to the vBulletin Community
Forum.

You have to register with the forum for full posting access, but you
don't have to be a 'registered' vbulletin owner.

--
Mike Easter

as94

news:BtJBd.4475$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> as94 wrote:
>> The same with Vbulletin board. Do you know anywhere there is a similar
>> Vbulletin help group?

> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ Welcome to the vBulletin Community
> Forum.
>
> You have to register with the forum for full posting access, but you
> don't have to be a 'registered' vbulletin owner.
>

> --
> Mike Easter

Hi Mike,
Yes you do, sorry to contradict you but that is the main reason I am looking
for an external site. If your not registered you can't get access, I am
worried also that if I purchase the really old models eg. because the
licenses are so much cheaper..eg. vbulletin are about $160 for one year, it
is a good forum but right now I don't want to fork out that much, so I
thought if I get an older one then it would help but I am not sure that an
older one will allow me to get access to the forum, when I say older one, I
mean more than a year, I'm talking maybe version 2. something.

Again same thing with IPB they don't let you have access unless you are a
current license holder. They dish out the "trial version" but don't even let
you access their forum, it is only for your kind suggestion that I now have
found somewhere I can get advice.

Mike Easter

as94 wrote:
> Yes you do, sorry to contradict you but that is the main reason I am
> looking for an external site. If your not registered you can't get
> access,

If I were a betting man, which I am sometimes, I would bet you that I
can register and post at the vbulletin forum and I have never even seen
a vbulletin app.

Just from a quick look at that forum, it looks to me like 'registration'
for the forum has nothing to do with being a registered owner of the
ware. Can you show me something, a link there, which sez otherwise?

I would not say the same thing about the invision forum's situation. I
think maybe you are 'assuming' things about the vbulletin board/forum on
the basis of what you know about the invision one.

--
Mike Easter

as94

news:XZJBd.4512$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> as94 wrote:
>> Yes you do, sorry to contradict you but that is the main reason I am
>> looking for an external site. If your not registered you can't get
>> access,

> If I were a betting man, which I am sometimes, I would bet you that I
> can register and post at the vbulletin forum and I have never even seen
> a vbulletin app.
>
> Just from a quick look at that forum, it looks to me like 'registration'
> for the forum has nothing to do with being a registered owner of the
> ware. Can you show me something, a link there, which sez otherwise?
>
> I would not say the same thing about the invision forum's situation. I
> think maybe you are 'assuming' things about the vbulletin board/forum on
> the basis of what you know about the invision one.
>
> --
> Mike Easter

HI Mike

Well I have been asking them, will wait and see, in fact if you look you
will see they are not giving me clear answers. I have been asking them...but
I find the thread ambiguouse. Check it out and see.

Check this post out Mike, now you tell me have I been very very specific in
my question. You see I put one two liner here and you INSTANTLY knew my
question, but look at that forum, look how long it is, and still I am not
quite sure...

Look at the way they said: "You can set up support" now is that ambiguouse
or not? She is not saying I cna't get it but she is not giving me the answer
that sais: If I purchase an older version I will be allowed forum acces,
maybe I am wrong, but I have a feeling that you are not allowed forum access
if you have an old license that has run out...although you can use that
application for life....

Eg. if you pay 160 bucks you get the license for life of course, BUT support
stops after one year, so I think you don't get forum access after that
year.......

I might be 100% wrong. Maybe I am being to suspicious but there terms of
their license are sooo strict and soo controlled, even you have your license
tied to your domain name believe it or not and you have to get their
permission ot pass it on......and I just can't afford the 160 straight off.

Here is my enquiry thread:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...520#post787520 I am p23 by the
way

as94

news:XZJBd.4512$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> as94 wrote:
>> Yes you do, sorry to contradict you but that is the main reason I am
>> looking for an external site. If your not registered you can't get
>> access,

> If I were a betting man, which I am sometimes, I would bet you that I
> can register and post at the vbulletin forum and I have never even seen
> a vbulletin app.
>
> Just from a quick look at that forum, it looks to me like 'registration'
> for the forum has nothing to do with being a registered owner of the
> ware. Can you show me something, a link there, which sez otherwise?
>
> I would not say the same thing about the invision forum's situation. I
> think maybe you are 'assuming' things about the vbulletin board/forum on
> the basis of what you know about the invision one.
>
> --
> Mike Easter

Anyway Mike, sorry to ramble on LOL, you've been a great help with those
other forums....I'll leave it to them to explain to me there rules and regs
and meanwhile I'll focus on Invision Power Board....

Mike Easter

as94 wrote:
> Here is my enquiry thread:
> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...520#post787520 I am p23
> by the way

You're going about that the wrong way over there.

You are trying to get 'someone' - which would be someone
'administrative' in the forum - to commit to being some kind of
'support' for you *if/when* you buy some old second hand ware - while
the only 'commitment' you are showing is not wanting to spend much
money. Being frugal is fine, but you can't do it in a way that makes
you look like a PITA to people who are paying full freight and the
people who are supporting them.

If you were someone just using the ware and asking reasonable questions
over there, everything would be fine. Also, if you were actually
/using/ the ware, you could also be someone /answering/ questions, ya'
know?

As it is, you look like someone 'demanding' a support agreement when you
aren't even a current user/owner.

--
Mike Easter

as94

news:J8LBd.15157$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> as94 wrote:
>> Here is my enquiry thread:
>> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...520#post787520 I am p23
>> by the way

> You're going about that the wrong way over there.
>
> You are trying to get 'someone' - which would be someone
> 'administrative' in the forum - to commit to being some kind of
> 'support' for you *if/when* you buy some old second hand ware - while
> the only 'commitment' you are showing is not wanting to spend much
> money. Being frugal is fine, but you can't do it in a way that makes
> you look like a PITA to people who are paying full freight and the
> people who are supporting them.
>
> If you were someone just using the ware and asking reasonable questions
> over there, everything would be fine. Also, if you were actually
> /using/ the ware, you could also be someone /answering/ questions, ya'
> know?
>
> As it is, you look like someone 'demanding' a support agreement when you
> aren't even a current user/owner.
>
> --
> Mike Easter

I just want clearly the honest replies which can be given. In the same way
that if you buy a second hand car you want to make sure what the terms and
conditions of the agreement when the car with whatever warrenties were given
at the time, and the best place to find that out is from the owners.