Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WIN2000:Using runas without password promt

Reply
Thread Tools

WIN2000:Using runas without password promt

 
 
Volodymyr Danishevskiy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-01-2005
Hi,


Could you please help me to solve the issue of password promt in
Win2000Pro,as i want to run a program on my local computer with
administrative rules but not to enter my administrative password every time
i start this program


Thank you


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dan DiNicolo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-01-2005
Volodymyr Danishevskiy wrote:
> Hi,
>
>
> Could you please help me to solve the issue of password promt in
> Win2000Pro,as i want to run a program on my local computer with
> administrative rules but not to enter my administrative password
> every time i start this program
>
>
> Thank you


Check out this link, specifically the answer given by Germati - it involves
scripting, but it's definitely possible.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Oper..._20906129.html

--
Dan DiNicolo
MCSE, CCNP, CCDA
http://www.2000trainers.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Volodymyr Danishevskiy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-01-2005
> Check out this link, specifically the answer given by Germati - it
involves
> scripting, but it's definitely possible.
>
> http://www.experts-exchange.com/Oper..._20906129.html
>
> --
> Dan DiNicolo
> MCSE, CCNP, CCDA
> http://www.2000trainers.com





Hey!

could you provide a FREE link to the solution,though it seems to be
archived by the admin


Thank you







 
Reply With Quote
 
Dan DiNicolo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-01-2005
Volodymyr Danishevskiy wrote:
>> Check out this link, specifically the answer given by Germati - it
>> involves scripting, but it's definitely possible.
>>
>> http://www.experts-exchange.com/Oper..._20906129.html
>>
>> --
>> Dan DiNicolo
>> MCSE, CCNP, CCDA
>> http://www.2000trainers.com

>
>
>
>
> Hey!
>
> could you provide a FREE link to the solution,though it seems to be
> archived by the admin
>
>
> Thank you


You shouldn't need to sign up to see the solution. Just scroll down beyond
the ads on the page to get to the replies to the question.

--
Dan DiNicolo
MCSE, CCNP, CCDA
http://www.2000trainers.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Volodymyr Danishevskiy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2005


> You shouldn't need to sign up to see the solution. Just scroll down beyond
> the ads on the page to get to the replies to the question.
>
> --
> Dan DiNicolo
> MCSE, CCNP, CCDA
> http://www.2000trainers.com
>



Thanks buddy,was nice attempt but i have problems with scripting and
programming in general
do you have less complicated solution for the issue if of course any,


Thanx for the help


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dan DiNicolo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2005
Volodymyr Danishevskiy wrote:
>> You shouldn't need to sign up to see the solution. Just scroll down
>> beyond the ads on the page to get to the replies to the question.
>>
>> --
>> Dan DiNicolo
>> MCSE, CCNP, CCDA
>> http://www.2000trainers.com
>>

>
>
> Thanks buddy,was nice attempt but i have problems with scripting and
> programming in general
> do you have less complicated solution for the issue if of course any,
>
>
> Thanx for the help


The only other option that comes to mind is the Runas replacement tool
outlined here:

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBO/tip7200/rh7258.htm

--
Dan DiNicolo
MCSE, CCNP, CCDA
http://www.2000trainers.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trouble using "runas" in winxp zxcvbob Computer Support 5 10-28-2006 04:43 PM
runas password Marco Plustin Computer Support 1 09-18-2006 05:34 AM
runas problems www@yy.z Computer Support 2 04-18-2005 04:20 AM
Automatically close lauching page without IE promt Thang Nguyen Javascript 3 12-09-2003 12:02 AM
Automatically close lauching page without IE promt Thang Nguyen Javascript 1 12-05-2003 12:18 PM



Advertisments