Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Test Test

Test Test

GSaM

Dedicated to the PRATS........ you know who you are, wish i could see the
looks on your faces

and you still had to look didnt you, just cant ignore them can you

ROTFLMFAO

GSaM

game set and match in case youre wondering !!!

Rock

Why is everyone so obsessed by someone posting a test page
GSaM <(E-Mail Removed)_INVALID> wrote in message
news:%pvBd.30$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dedicated to the PRATS........ you know who you are, wish i could see the
> looks on your faces
>
> and you still had to look didnt you, just cant ignore them can you
>
> ROTFLMFAO
>
> GSaM
>
> game set and match in case youre wondering !!!

Dr Hackenbush

"Rock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7_xBd.283$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why is everyone so obsessed by someone posting a test page
> GSaM <(E-Mail Removed)_INVALID> wrote in message
> news:%pvBd.30$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dedicated to the PRATS........ you know who you are, wish i could see
>> the
>> looks on your faces
>>
>> and you still had to look didnt you, just cant ignore them can you
>>
>> ROTFLMFAO
>>
>> GSaM
>>
>> game set and match in case youre wondering !!!

Rock old chap, i suggest you look at the posts by me as Dr H, it might make
abit more sense then

gangle

No one was "obsessed." It looks more like you are both
uninformed and stubborn -- a bad combination. You were
informed that test posting belongs in a test newsgroup.
That IS correct information -- it's just simple netiquette
and common procedure. That "Dr. Hack.../GSaM" entity is
a troll trying to stir up controversy where none exits. As I
have already mentioned, your lack of understanding of this
NG has you answering that troll, while arguing with and
lecturing knowledgable people of good intentions who were
trying to educate you as to the way things work in newsgroups.
My advice at this point is to stop posting until you have lurked
longer and understand the lay of the land.

"Rock" wrote
> Why is everyone so obsessed by someone posting a test page
> GSaM wrote
> > Dedicated to the PRATS........ you know who you are, wish i could see the
> > looks on your faces
> >
> > and you still had to look didnt you, just cant ignore them can you
> >
> > ROTFLMFAO
> >
> > GSaM
> >
> > game set and match in case youre wondering !!!

Mara

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 06:53:57 -0800, "gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>No one was "obsessed." It looks more like you are both
>uninformed and stubborn -- a bad combination. You were
>informed that test posting belongs in a test newsgroup.
>That IS correct information -- it's just simple netiquette
>and common procedure. That "Dr. Hack.../GSaM" entity is
>a troll trying to stir up controversy where none exits. As I
>have already mentioned, your lack of understanding of this
>NG has you answering that troll, while arguing with and
>lecturing knowledgable people of good intentions who were
>trying to educate you as to the way things work in newsgroups.
>My advice at this point is to stop posting until you have lurked
>longer and understand the lay of the land.

From M-W:

Main Entry: rock
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English rokke, from Old North French roque, from (assumed)
Vulgar Latin rocca
<snip>
2 : a concreted mass of stony material; also : broken pieces of such masses
3 : consolidated or unconsolidated solid mineral matter; also : a particular
mass of it
<snip>
My own addition:
4. Apparently, the contents of "Rock's" head.

"HTH."

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

why?

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:56:19 GMT, Rock wrote:

>Why is everyone so obsessed by someone posting a test page

There are test groups in some the posts, might be flushed after a
specific time.

Using normal groups means the posts remain in any archive, like 24hshd.
There is no point to archiving test posts. Most test posters never
appear again. Some can't even find the test again, to check it worked
and make several attempts. All of these posts propogate to every
newsserver carrying the group.

>GSaM <(E-Mail Removed)_INVALID> wrote in message
>news:%pvBd.30$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dedicated to the PRATS........ you know who you are, wish i could see the
>> looks on your faces

<snip>

Me