Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > xp keeps restarting

xp keeps restarting

gorf

Hi I need help my windows xp wont shut down all it does is keep restarting

anyone any idea how to stop it from restartiing

thanks

gorf

mAineAc

gorf wrote:
> Hi I need help my windows xp wont shut down all it does is keep restarting
>
> anyone any idea how to stop it from restartiing
>
> thanks
>
> gorf

pull the power cord?

Really though, have you run updates? When did this start? You could go
into the bios and make sure the APM support is selected if you have that
option. What kind of a computer? Did you call the manufacturer? I know
some compaqs have bugs like this and they have service packs for the
problem. I would check at your computer makers website.

mAineAc

xhead

push and hold the start button till it goes off... 5 seconds

news:cr5u17$bc$(E-Mail Removed)...