Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > help please - what kind of case works for my board?

help please - what kind of case works for my board?

Shawn

I just received an ASUS - CUV4X motherboard with cPU and rAM, but am unsure
what type of box works. there is only one place on the board for power to plug
in and I was told I need at least 300watt power. Does this board work in an
ATX case? thanks - where are they sold cheap, hopefully used. I live near
Austin, Texas

thanks again and Happy New Year.
Shawn

James Hilton

"Shawn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just received an ASUS - CUV4X motherboard with cPU and rAM, but am

unsure
> what type of box works. there is only one place on the board for power to

plug
> in and I was told I need at least 300watt power. Does this board work in

an
> ATX case? thanks - where are they sold cheap, hopefully used. I live

near
> Austin, Texas
>
> thanks again and Happy New Year.
> Shawn

The ASUS CUV4X Mainboard is based on the new VIA 694X/694Z chipset with ATX
form factor for the latest support in Intel Pentitum 3 Coppermine and
Celeron 2 Processors.

http://www.thetechzone.com/reviews/m...4x/index.shtml.

Try CompUSA for your case. Try the link below.
http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ode%20matchall

They say that Google is your friend, but I use a program that connects to
multible search engines. You should try it. Copernic Agent.
http://www.copernic.com/en/products/agent/friend.html. The Basic version is
free.

I have the same board in my PC. The power supply was 230 Watt when I bought
it but this has been upgraded to a 350 Watt to cope with a replacement
graphics card. Any generic ATX power supply will fit the board, but some
branded PSUs (Dell, Compaq etc) are said to use proprietary connectors and
may not fit. Any ATX full tower (not micro) case will be OK.