Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How does one start a news group?

How does one start a news group?

D.L. Man

I want to start a new group but I'm having trouble finding out how to start
one.

Dan DiNicolo

All the details can be found here:

http://www.duke.edu/~mg/usenet/newnewsgroup.html

Dan
--
Dan DiNicolo
MCSE, CCNP, CCDA

"D.L. Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to start a new group but I'm having trouble finding out how to start
> one.

D.L. Man

"Dan DiNicolo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:up1Bd.1303$(E-Mail Removed)...
> All the details can be found here:
>
> http://www.duke.edu/~mg/usenet/newnewsgroup.html
>
> Dan
> --
> Dan DiNicolo
> MCSE, CCNP, CCDA
> http://www.2000trainers.com

Thanks.

> "D.L. Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I want to start a new group but I'm having trouble finding out how to

start
> > one.

Rob K

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:49:05 -0700, D.L. Man wrote:

> I want to start a new group but I'm having trouble finding out how to start
> one.

This was a *very* frequently asked question in this group.
Search Google for "how do I start my own NG" and all the answers. It
boils down to : forget it if you want a proper NG, otherwise go Yahoo
groups.

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:

Mike Easter

Rob K wrote:
> This was a *very* frequently asked question in this group.
> Search Google for "how do I start my own NG" and all the answers. It
> boils down to : forget it if you want a proper NG, otherwise go Yahoo
> groups.

And now there are google [yahoo-like] groups. Which I know nothing
about.

--
Mike Easter

Blinky the Shark

D.L. Man wrote:

> I want to start a new group but I'm having trouble finding out how to start
> one.

Start it at Yahoo. Yahoo Groups.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

trout

D.L. Man wrote:

> I want to start a new group but I'm having trouble finding out how to
> start one.

If it won't start after a few attempts, you may need to replace the
ignition. Or simply have a few buddies push your newsgroup to the top of
a hill, and then try to crank it as you're rolling.
--
"It's all downhill, from there."

The Old Sourdough

On 31 Dec 2004, trout scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> D.L. Man wrote:
>
>> I want to start a new group but I'm having trouble finding out
>> how to start one.

> If it won't start after a few attempts, you may need to
> replace the
> ignition. Or simply have a few buddies push your newsgroup to the
> top of a hill, and then try to crank it as you're rolling.

Or he could do the bit with the two chickens and the naked dancing
on the front lawn...

--
The Old Sourdough
I typed the word Google into Google.

Mara

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 06:15:46 -0600, The Old Sourdough <sameas@above> wrote:

>On 31 Dec 2004, trout scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> D.L. Man wrote:
>>
>>> I want to start a new group but I'm having trouble finding out
>>> how to start one.

>> If it won't start after a few attempts, you may need to
>> replace the
>> ignition. Or simply have a few buddies push your newsgroup to the
>> top of a hill, and then try to crank it as you're rolling.

>Or he could do the bit with the two chickens and the naked dancing
>on the front lawn...

Nah, it's probably just out of gas. I've got a 2 1/2 gallon can here, if it'll
help.

"I hate to see Usenet motorists stranded like that."

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

Paul - xxx

Mara composed the following ...
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 06:15:46 -0600, The Old Sourdough <sameas@above>
> wrote:

>>> If it won't start after a few attempts, you may need to
>>> replace the
>>> ignition. Or simply have a few buddies push your newsgroup to the
>>> top of a hill, and then try to crank it as you're rolling.

>> Or he could do the bit with the two chickens and the naked dancing
>> on the front lawn...

> Nah, it's probably just out of gas. I've got a 2 1/2 gallon can here, if
> it'll help.
>
> "I hate to see Usenet motorists stranded like that."

And even if it doesn't start the newsgroup, it could be used for any general
conflagration .. or funeral pyre ...

I'll book a ringside seat now ...

--
Paul ...