Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > "Phel" Trojan horse

"Phel" Trojan horse

Old Gringo

December 30, 2004 4:51PM

The new Trojan horse program -- dubbed "Phel," an anagram of "Help"
-- infects visitors to a malicious Web site through Internet
Explorer's Help controls, Symantec warns. The Trojan horse exploits a
vulnerability in the way Internet Explorer and Windows XP Service
Pack 2 handle help files called from Web pages.
--
Old Gringo George

Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:41:16 GMT, Old Gringo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> December 30, 2004 4:51PM
|>
|> The new Trojan horse program -- dubbed "Phel," an anagram of "Help"
|> -- infects visitors to a malicious Web site through Internet
|> Explorer's Help controls

Along with:
http://freehost07.websamba.com/greyh...c-analysis.htm
(which has already hit this newsgroup)

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/ should be doing a
booming business.

Old Gringo

> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:41:16 GMT, Old Gringo
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> |> December 30, 2004 4:51PM
> |>
> |> The new Trojan horse program -- dubbed "Phel," an anagram of "Help"
> |> -- infects visitors to a malicious Web site through Internet
> |> Explorer's Help controls
>
> Along with:
> http://freehost07.websamba.com/greyh...c-analysis.htm
> (which has already hit this newsgroup)
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/ should be doing a
> booming business.

Thanks for the info. I use both FireFox and Thunderbird and hope
they keep my computer a little safer.

Trojan Horse in javaw.exe? Ken Java 3 01-27-2005 12:46 PM
Trojan Horse Jim Chapman Computer Support 1 08-15-2003 06:26 PM
Re: AVG can't eliminate Trojan Horse virus PhilGreg Computer Support 0 08-08-2003 11:30 PM
Re: AVG can't eliminate Trojan Horse virus bb3 Computer Support 0 08-08-2003 09:56 PM
Trojan Horse cannot be put in vault by AVG free version Jim Chapman Computer Support 1 08-07-2003 10:41 PM

Advertisments