Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Re: Showing my ignorance of VHDL again...

Re: Showing my ignorance of VHDL again...

Rienk van der Scheer

rickman wrote:
> Here is my wait statement...
>
> wait until ARM_Bus_Start or rising_edge(Reset);
>
> If ARM_Bus_Start is already set when this executes, the process hangs
> here.
>
> I am using ModelSim XE II/Starter 5.6e.

Suggestion:

if (ARM_Bus_Start) then
-- continue immediately
else
-- note: removed rising_edge because it is implied in the 'wait until'
wait until ARM_Bus_Start or Reset;
endif;

Your problem is that you should remember that a wait statement in VHDL
will always wait for some event. In your situation, you don't want to
wait at all when the condition is already met.

Regards,

Rienk