Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Wesley

Does anyone have any positive experiences once they've downloaded &
installed Windows XP service pack 2? I've tried twice now but it messes up
Internet Explorer amongst other irritating things. Spoke to a friend
yesterday and he told me he wont install service pack 2 because of the
problems it causes. I thought the whole idea of bringing out a service pack
was to improve things but it doesn't, when will Microsoft ever get it right
for godsake!

Jim Scott

Wesley wrote:

> Does anyone have any positive experiences once they've downloaded &
> installed Windows XP service pack 2? I've tried twice now but it
> messes up Internet Explorer amongst other irritating things. Spoke to
> a friend yesterday and he told me he wont install service pack 2
> because of the problems it causes. I thought the whole idea of
> bringing out a service pack was to improve things but it doesn't,
> when will Microsoft ever get it right for godsake!

Not gloating, but been ok from the start here.
--
Jim

Tyneside - North East of England
To email me directly omit the X from my address

Hammerer

"Wesley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cqs64q$t26$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Does anyone have any positive experiences once they've downloaded &
> installed Windows XP service pack 2? I've tried twice now but it messes up
> Internet Explorer amongst other irritating things. Spoke to a friend
> yesterday and he told me he wont install service pack 2 because of the
> problems it causes. I thought the whole idea of bringing out a service

pack
> was to improve things but it doesn't, when will Microsoft ever get it

right
> for godsake!

Please note that XP service pack 2 should only be installed on PC's running
Windows XP. Attempting to install it on PC's running Windows 98 or ME, or
Linux, is not recommended.

tutsi

same here no problems since i install SP2

x@y

"Jim Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message..
> Wesley wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any positive experiences once they've
>> downloaded &
>> installed Windows XP service pack 2? I've tried twice now but
>> it
>> messes up Internet Explorer amongst other irritating things.
>> Spoke to
>> a friend yesterday and he told me he wont install service pack
>> 2
>> because of the problems it causes. I thought the whole idea of
>> bringing out a service pack was to improve things but it
>> doesn't,
>> when will Microsoft ever get it right for godsake!

> Not gloating, but been ok from the start here.
> --
> Jim
>
> Tyneside - North East of England
> To email me directly omit the X from my address

Hello "Jim"!!
Here are a couple of hints:
http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-10168-0...tart=-230Hoops, I hope the link works it about a yard long.Good Luck x@y.<>================<>================<>

Wesley

I already have Windows XP installed!

"Hammerer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Please note that XP service pack 2 should only be installed on PC's

running
> Windows XP. Attempting to install it on PC's running Windows 98 or ME, or
> Linux, is not recommended.

Gordon

Wesley wrote:
> Does anyone have any positive experiences once they've downloaded &
> installed Windows XP service pack 2? I've tried twice now but it messes up
> Internet Explorer amongst other irritating things. Spoke to a friend
> yesterday and he told me he wont install service pack 2 because of the
> problems it causes. I thought the whole idea of bringing out a service pack
> was to improve things but it doesn't, when will Microsoft ever get it right
> for godsake!

I've done it three times now - on two laptops and a desktop. No problems
what so ever. Did you get rid of any spyware and malware before you
installed? SP2 certainly does *NOT* mess up IE!

Wesley

That link didn't work!

"x@y" <wunderland.wine.invalid> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello "Jim"!!
> Here are a couple of hints:

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-10168-0...dID=42433&mess
ageID=536568&start=-230Hoops, I hope the link works it about a yard
long.Good Luck x@y.<>================<>================<>

x@y

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-10168-0...568&start=-230

I hope the link works it about a yard long.Good Luck
Sorry "Hoops" does not belong at the end of the link after
I sent It got pasted there.

Hammerer

"Wesley" <(E-Mail Removed)> top-posted
in message news:cqs8vb$291$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I already have Windows XP installed!

No you don't! No way!