Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Newsreader won't stay online

Newsreader won't stay online

Schuyler Colfax

I'm using Microplanet Gravity, or Anawave Gravity version 2.60b 2039

Since my ISP changed news servers last month I'm having tons of trouble
with it. It will only stay on-line for a few seconds.

I can read a few posts, go do something else for a couple of minutes,
then return to the news reader and click on a post from today, and it
give me a "503 time out" error.

Then I click the button to put the news reader back on-line and it
repeats the process. I have it set to send a keep alive message every
two minutes, but that doesn't help.

I've never had this problem before with this newreader. When I use
"Agent" it works fine.

Everything seems to be configured correctly.

BELIEVE IT...OR NOT! VIEW:

dadiOH

Schuyler Colfax wrote:
> I'm using Microplanet Gravity, or Anawave Gravity version 2.60b 2039
>
> Since my ISP changed news servers last month I'm having tons of
> trouble with it. It will only stay on-line for a few seconds.
>
> I can read a few posts, go do something else for a couple of minutes,
> then return to the news reader and click on a post from today, and it
> give me a "503 time out" error.
>
> Then I click the button to put the news reader back on-line and it
> repeats the process. I have it set to send a keep alive message every
> two minutes, but that doesn't help.

Try...
Start
Run
Netstat a - xx

"xx" is the number of seconds (I'd try 30) for it to access the net.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...