Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Power adapter plug size of a sony vaio TR5

Power adapter plug size of a sony vaio TR5

Sean Smith

I have a sony vaio TR5 and would like to power it from my car when im on the
road however i cant find the plug size to match with these multi plug
adapters. Im looking at the Trust version at the moment but all i need is
the size to match it up. ive looked everywhere for the size can anyone out
there help me please.

thanks

Paul - xxx

Sean Smith composed the following ...
> I have a sony vaio TR5 and would like to power it from my car when im on
> the road however i cant find the plug size to match with these multi plug
> adapters. Im looking at the Trust version at the moment but all i need is
> the size to match it up. ive looked everywhere for the size can anyone out
> there help me please.

I'd take the existing AC adaptor to Maplins and see what they have. Sony
don't do an in-car DC adaptor for that Vaio, they don't for mine either, so
you might have to hunt around a bit. Match all the power consumtion and
voltage numbers and you should be OK ..

If it's only an occasional; use in-car then a DC to AC adaptor / Inverter
might be OK with the existing AC power adaptor, again just make sure the
power requirements are met or exceeded. They're now pretty cheap ..

--
Paul ...
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php