Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Anyone help with Spybot Search & Destroy

Anyone help with Spybot Search & Destroy

BIGEYE

After running check for problems S&D found some Alexia problems and three
DSO exploit problems. I fixed the Alexia ones without any problems. The DSO
exploits I fixed in safe mode as programs running in the background were
'using' these DSO exploits.
After fixing, I cant get any connection to the internet or email. Even
typing in the IP adress of my router draws a blank.
I run a system restore and everything is back to normal.
Why would this happen as I have deleted DSO exploits before and not had any
problems like this. Are these needed for internet & email.
Using XP Pro & ADSL with router.
TIA

ato_zee@hotmail.com

On 27-Dec-2004, "BIGEYE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Why would this happen as I have deleted DSO exploits before and not had
> any
> problems like this. Are these needed for internet & email.
> Using XP Pro & ADSL with router.

Try
http://www.pchell.com/support/dsoexploit.shtml