Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how to over ride firefox plugins

how to over ride firefox plugins

Richard

Go into the tools menu and click options.
Click downloads.
Click plugins at the bottom right corner.
Go through the list of media items and uncheck the item.
Now when you open a site with embedded media, you get a dialog box asking
what to do with it.
Instead of the item being played/viewed with the default Quick time crap.

Timberwolf

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Go into the tools menu and click options.
> Click downloads.
> Click plugins at the bottom right corner.
> Go through the list of media items and uncheck the item.
> Now when you open a site with embedded media, you get a dialog box asking
> what to do with it.
> Instead of the item being played/viewed with the default Quick time crap.

So what have you against QuickTime?

docmill

"Timberwolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:LzLzd.13331$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Go into the tools menu and click options.
>> Click downloads.
>> Click plugins at the bottom right corner.
>> Go through the list of media items and uncheck the item.
>> Now when you open a site with embedded media, you get a dialog box
>> asking what to do with it.
>> Instead of the item being played/viewed with the default Quick time
>> crap.
>>

> So what have you against QuickTime?

It's a program that worms it's way into your startup and doesn't let you
shut it out.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

--
+++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

Richard

docmill wrote:

> "Timberwolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:LzLzd.13331$(E-Mail Removed):

>> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Go into the tools menu and click options.
>>> Click downloads.
>>> Click plugins at the bottom right corner.
>>> Go through the list of media items and uncheck the item.
>>> Now when you open a site with embedded media, you get a dialog box
>>> asking what to do with it.
>>> Instead of the item being played/viewed with the default Quick time
>>> crap.
>>>

>> So what have you against QuickTime?
>>

> It's a program that worms it's way into your startup and doesn't let you
> shut it out.
> http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

Oh yes you can shut it out. But you have to do it during the install.
Read every checked item before accepting it.
Most people don't bother so they wind up with a thing that takes control.
The only time I see quick time is when I want to see it.

Richard

Timberwolf wrote:

> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Go into the tools menu and click options.
>> Click downloads.
>> Click plugins at the bottom right corner.
>> Go through the list of media items and uncheck the item.
>> Now when you open a site with embedded media, you get a dialog box asking
>> what to do with it.
>> Instead of the item being played/viewed with the default Quick time crap.
>>

> So what have you against QuickTime?

Nothing. Good for it's intended purpose, but Apple insists it takes control
just like all those times you get AOL shoved in your face.
Read what you're accepting before blindly moving on.

docmill

"Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> docmill wrote:
>
>> "Timberwolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:LzLzd.13331$(E-Mail Removed):

>>> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>

>>> So what have you against QuickTime?
>>>

>> It's a program that worms it's way into your startup and doesn't let you
>> shut it out.
>> http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

> Oh yes you can shut it out. But you have to do it during the install.
> Read every checked item before accepting it.
> Most people don't bother so they wind up with a thing that takes control.
> The only time I see quick time is when I want to see it.

It wasn't me that installed it. I don't have that problem. Maybe you and
Quicktime can get a grip on posting. If I wanted that **** on my machine,
I could do it without the menu and your help.

--
+++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

Timberwolf

"docmill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns95CBE587B1249nospam4docmillspamgo@216.168. 3.44...
> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> docmill wrote:
>>
>>> "Timberwolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:LzLzd.13331$(E-Mail Removed):

>>> It's a program that worms it's way into your startup and doesn't let you
>>> shut it out.
>>> http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

>> Oh yes you can shut it out. But you have to do it during the install.
>> Read every checked item before accepting it.
>> Most people don't bother so they wind up with a thing that takes control.
>> The only time I see quick time is when I want to see it.
>>

> It wasn't me that installed it. I don't have that problem. Maybe you and
> Quicktime can get a grip on posting. If I wanted that **** on my machine,
> I could do it without the menu and your help.
>
> --
> +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
> docmill's Home Of HotLinks In The Frying SPAM

Glad to have helped docmill,read and understand the screens when you load
progs along with association options.
It seems from your comments that you should refrain from posting untill you
complete your courses.
This is supposed to be a helpdesk--not slag off desk.
Quicktime is almost an industry standard for web media now,and very
effective it is,keeps most streamable media to a managable download (yes
some folks still have 56k).
Granted there are some that do it better,but to dissmiss it is not an option
for most folks----blindly clicking yes is the main problem---would you sign
cheques the same way???