Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Avast update problem

Avast update problem

Martin R. Howell

Avast has recently (within the past month or so) been producing a red box
in the lower right hand corner of my monitor soon after start up telling me
that a problem has been encountered while attempting to update. "Click
here for more information," opens another window which names the site which
it could not connect to for an update.

Anyone know how to remedy this?

--
Martin R. Howell
"Photographs From the Universe of Amateur Astronomy"

Splidger

"Martin R. Howell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eu1m50rmwq1j$.1eze4c4axkk5w$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Avast has recently (within the past month or so) been producing a red box
> in the lower right hand corner of my monitor soon after start up telling

me
> that a problem has been encountered while attempting to update. "Click
> here for more information," opens another window which names the site

which
> it could not connect to for an update.
>
> Anyone know how to remedy this?

Are you using a proxy? Because Avast does not like proxies at all. Now, it
could also be your firewall. Try dealing with both.