Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Retrospect Backup Software/Application License Code?

Retrospect Backup Software/Application License Code?

John

I thought I was a happy camper when I opened my Christmas presents and found
among them a new Maxtor 120GB One Touch External Hard Drive with Restrospect
backup software. But my glee soon turned to gloom when I tried to use my new
One Touch only to have Retrospect prompt me for an Application License Code.
No where in the documentation that came with the new drive could I find the
application license code. Nor could I find it on the software CD, the
software CD paper jacket, the Maxtor box, etc., etc.

Maybe I've overdosed on egg nog and my mind is in fog, but I don't see an
Application License Code anywhere.

Has anyone who has bought this popular and well-regarded Maxtor One Touch
encountered this problem?

Anyone know where I can find the Application License Code?

Thanks so much.

John

SA

Did you call the company?
news:ugkzd.10351$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I thought I was a happy camper when I opened my Christmas presents and
>found among them a new Maxtor 120GB One Touch External Hard Drive with
>Restrospect backup software. But my glee soon turned to gloom when I tried
>to use my new One Touch only to have Retrospect prompt me for an
>Application License Code. No where in the documentation that came with the
>new drive could I find the application license code. Nor could I find it on
>the software CD, the software CD paper jacket, the Maxtor box, etc., etc.
>
> Maybe I've overdosed on egg nog and my mind is in fog, but I don't see an
> Application License Code anywhere.
>
> Has anyone who has bought this popular and well-regarded Maxtor One Touch
> encountered this problem?
>
> Anyone know where I can find the Application License Code?
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> John

why?

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 15:34:30 -0500, John wrote:

>I thought I was a happy camper when I opened my Christmas presents and found
>among them a new Maxtor 120GB One Touch External Hard Drive with Restrospect
>backup software. But my glee soon turned to gloom when I tried to use my new
>One Touch only to have Retrospect prompt me for an Application License Code.
>No where in the documentation that came with the new drive could I find the
>application license code. Nor could I find it on the software CD, the
>software CD paper jacket, the Maxtor box, etc., etc.
>
>Maybe I've overdosed on egg nog and my mind is in fog, but I don't see an
>Application License Code anywhere.

Maybe try Google,

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 8,540 English pages for
Maxtor One Touch application license code
(0.47 seconds)

Dantz: Updates
.... Maxtor® OneTouch™ users click here. ... NOTE: Use of Retrospect
Client software requires a valid Retrospect application license code
that supports the clients ...
www.dantz.com/en/support/updates.dtml - 61k - Cached - Similar pages

>Has anyone who has bought this popular and well-regarded Maxtor One Touch
>encountered this problem?
>
>Anyone know where I can find the Application License Code?

Still using links on the Dantz site,
http://www.dantz.com/en/support/register_software.dtml

If you have not registered your Dantz software and you know your
License Code or registration number you may do one of the following:

• Fill out an online form.
• In some of Dantz's new software programs, you have the option to
register by modem during installation.
• Call 800.225.4880 with your License Code or registration number.
• Fax 925.948.9099 with your name, address, telephone number and your
License Code or registration number.

If you cannot find your registration number send a photocopy of the
front and back of your disk, along with a photocopy of your original
receipt. Please include a letter requesting to be registered. Send it
to:

Dantz Development Corporation
Customer Service/Product Registration
3003 Oak Road, 3rd Floor
Walnut Creek, CA 94597

Where do I find my License Code or Registration Number?
A License Code is a sixteen-digit sequence included with all Retrospect
Products, versions 4.2 and later. License codes are used to install and
register Retrospect products. They can be found in the License Manager,
in the Retrospect Window menu.

If you have not yet launched the software, your License Code can be
found on the inside flap of the CD folder. If you have an older version,
you can find a registration number on the registration card that came
with your product. You can also find a registration number on the bottom
of the product box or on the inside cover, directly underneath the CD in
the jacket. The registration number is ten digits long and is preceded
by a U, D, F or J.

Me

The Old Sourdough

On 25 Dec 2004, John scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I thought I was a happy camper when I opened my Christmas presents
> and found among them a new Maxtor 120GB One Touch External Hard
> Drive with Restrospect backup software. But my glee soon turned to
> gloom when I tried to use my new One Touch only to have Retrospect
> prompt me for an Application License Code. No where in the
> documentation that came with the new drive could I find the
> application license code. Nor could I find it on the software CD,
> the software CD paper jacket, the Maxtor box, etc., etc.
>
> Maybe I've overdosed on egg nog and my mind is in fog, but I don't
> see an Application License Code anywhere.
>
> Has anyone who has bought this popular and well-regarded Maxtor
> One Touch encountered this problem?
>
> Anyone know where I can find the Application License Code?
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> John

http://kb.dantz.com/al/12/1/article....2&cpc=5GSK8V33
1KGNkyd4x263e7QPl325RA1mX

--
The Old Sourdough
BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

Noel Paton

http://kb.dantz.com/display/2/articl...37&r=0.6430323
According to that, the code is supposed to install automatically!
I suggest that you contact Dantz if it doesn't

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/winhelp.htm

news:ugkzd.10351$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I thought I was a happy camper when I opened my Christmas presents and
>found among them a new Maxtor 120GB One Touch External Hard Drive with
>Restrospect backup software. But my glee soon turned to gloom when I tried
>to use my new One Touch only to have Retrospect prompt me for an
>Application License Code. No where in the documentation that came with the
>new drive could I find the application license code. Nor could I find it on
>the software CD, the software CD paper jacket, the Maxtor box, etc., etc.
>
> Maybe I've overdosed on egg nog and my mind is in fog, but I don't see an
> Application License Code anywhere.
>
> Has anyone who has bought this popular and well-regarded Maxtor One Touch
> encountered this problem?
>
> Anyone know where I can find the Application License Code?
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> John

John

My thanks to those of you who were nice to respond.
I should have mentioned that I did try Google and found nothing to
help my immediate problem. Also I should have mentioned that I am
unable to seek help from Maxtor or Dantz because their support is
unavailable on weekends.

So, in the absence of help from someone who has experienced the same
problem and resolved it I will have to wait until Monday to try out
the One Touch. That is, if I don't return it and get an external hard
drive that doesn't present me with frustrating problems like this.

Thanks again.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I thought I was a happy camper when I opened my Christmas presents and found
>among them a new Maxtor 120GB One Touch External Hard Drive with Restrospect
>backup software. But my glee soon turned to gloom when I tried to use my new
>One Touch only to have Retrospect prompt me for an Application License Code.
>No where in the documentation that came with the new drive could I find the
>application license code. Nor could I find it on the software CD, the
>software CD paper jacket, the Maxtor box, etc., etc.
>
>Maybe I've overdosed on egg nog and my mind is in fog, but I don't see an
>Application License Code anywhere.
>
>Has anyone who has bought this popular and well-regarded Maxtor One Touch
>encountered this problem?
>
>Anyone know where I can find the Application License Code?
>
>Thanks so much.
>
>John

Kingdom of the halfblind-in retrospect ellis_jay Computer Support 1 06-28-2006 09:58 PM
General B/U query (Retrospect s-ware) MZB Computer Support 1 01-16-2006 05:14 AM
Retrospect 7 Mitch Computer Support 0 11-17-2005 02:42 AM
How many errors in using Retrospect Express S-ware MB_ Computer Support 1 10-11-2005 08:17 PM
retrospect s-ware query/problem mb_ Computer Support 0 10-10-2005 06:08 PM

Advertisments