Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can I use two Maxtor Ultra ATA 133 PCI Cards?

Can I use two Maxtor Ultra ATA 133 PCI Cards?

JM

I just put two Maxtor Ultra ATA 133 IDE cards in my Dell, and hooked five
CDROMS to them, and only two new CDROMS show up in My Computer. when I
eject the new drive H, two CD ROM trays eject. Same think happens when I
eject the new drive I.. two trays eject. (The motherboard IDE channels are
already used by hard drives)

Is it possible to run two Ultra ATA 133 expansion cards at the same time?

Toolman Tim

"JM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:yD3zd.558528$wV.174134@attbi_s54...
|I just put two Maxtor Ultra ATA 133 IDE cards in my Dell, and hooked five
| CDROMS to them, and only two new CDROMS show up in My Computer. when I
| eject the new drive H, two CD ROM trays eject. Same think happens when I
| eject the new drive I.. two trays eject. (The motherboard IDE channels
are
| already used by hard drives)
|
| Is it possible to run two Ultra ATA 133 expansion cards at the same time?

Only if you can adjust the addressing on them to not conflict with each
other. That would depend on the brand and model, I guess. Address changes
used to be made with jumpers, but many cards now have their address changes
in Device Manager. So my first impulse would be to go there and find the
Maxtor cards, and see if you can adjust the settings.

Gilbert Rivera

news:2V3zd.46984$(E-Mail Removed)...